Skip to main content

[Solved] Daily scheduled data backup does not start with a code 5 error.

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 32

Hi.

I'm back ;-)

Since my last post (https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2019-forum/solved-unable-backup-system-error-impossible-de-creer-le-snapshot-de-volume), the daily data backup will not start again at the scheduled time.
And always with the same error message in the Windows Event Log :

Le planificateur ne peut pas exécuter la tâche  avec le GUID 'D636C177-0D12-4730-9FAE-32F5A45F60C0' à cause de l'erreur 5 (L'accès est refusé.).

I specify that there is no entry in the MVP Log File Viewer.

Thank you for telling me what operations to do to understand the cause and solve this problem, already seen here: (https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2019-forum/acronis-scheduler-did-not-run-because-error-5-access-denied).

Best regards.

Stéphane

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15465

Stéphane, have you followed all the suggestions given in forum topic: Acronis Scheduler did not run because of error 5 - Access is denied - as answered by the OP (Roger) of that topic?  If you have the same answers as Roger gave, then please open a Support Ticket with Acronis and reference this forum topic with the cross link to the topic raised by Roger.

Forum Hero
Comments: 6949

Stephane,

You might have a look at the link below which has a method of correcting the error code 5 issue via registry change.  I recommend that you follow the procedure to verify that the Windows registry suggested change is currently set at the values indicated in the link.  If they are not I encourage you to make a backup or restore point of your PC before you make the changes outlined in the link.

Fix error code 5

Forum Member

Hi Steve,

Hi Enchantech.

Enchantec,

The registry is correctly set.

Steve.

I could do the same answers as Roger.

Except : I did not try to reinstall Acronis. And in my case, Weekly system backups run correctly.

I had a look at the Windows Event Viewer / Security Tab.

I add 2 records, one done yesterday (no backup), an other, done on january the 1st (last done backup).

You can see that Acronis Scheduler2 Service starts always correctly, but that there are much more events when the backup runs correctly.

For now, I do not know what to do ...

I hope you can help me again :-)

Be carreful : I have changed the file extension xls instead evtx to upload the file. Set the correct extension before opening the file :-)

Best regards.

Stéphane

Attachment Size
485396-162568.xls 1.07 MB
485396-162571.xls 68 KB
Legend

Stéphane, I am not seeing anything significant in the two event log extracts you have provided and think that you need to take this to Acronis for further investigation by opening a Support Ticket. I would hope that Acronis would be able to help identify what is behind this scheduler access denied issue and produce a fix for this if they identify a bug in the code.

Forum Member

Hi all.

Some news.

A week ago, I deleted the daily backup task, and then recreated it. Since then, the task runs correctly each day.
Problem solved!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Stéphane

Legend

Stéphane, thanks for the update / feedback and good to hear this issue is now resolved.