Skip to main content

True image fails to recognize my WD drives as WD drives, refuses to function.

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

It used to work. But suddenly it refuses to work, flashing a message telling me that at least one hard drive on my compute must be WD. I have in fact 2 WD hard drives. So my computer qualifies for the program to work. It always has qualified. So I'd like some advice on making the program work as it should.

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Comments: 1

It used to work. But suddenly it refuses to work, flashing a message telling me that at least one hard drive on my compute must be WD. I have in fact 2 WD hard drives. So my computer qualifies for the program to work. It always has qualified. So I'd like some advice on making the program work as it should.

Legend
Comments: 17155

Luke, welcome to these public User Forums.

Please see KB 2201: Support for OEM Versions of Acronis Products which describes how your OEM WD version of ATI is supported.

It is possible that the method being used to connect the WD drives is at issue here, if they are not connected directly to the computer motherboard but are using a third-party adapter or dock?

Forum Star
Comments: 2858

Steve is correct in suggesting that a WD drive to be connected to the primary SATA controller (and possibly the onboard M.2 connection) could be the cause of the problem. WD DataLifegard only recognises drives on the primary SATA controller.

Ian