Skip to main content

Two factor authentication

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 10

Hi! I'm concerned about security of my private backup data that is hosted on your service. Is there an option to add two-factor authentication for accessing the cloud panel? It's a default option for most online backup providers, and I'm really shocked I can't find such an option with your service.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15449

There is no option for two-factor authentication that I am aware of, and providing you are using the password encryption feature for your backup files, then this should be well protected even if someone were able to access your cloud account.  Only you know the encryption password so there is no record of this held on the Acronis servers and if you forget the password then the files are unrecoverable.

If you are still concerned, then please raise this as a Support Case directly with Acronis Support.

HFC
Beginner
Comments: 6

I think this is a must have feature for a data security company like Acronis. Do we have a feature list where the user can vote up for future product roadmap?

Forum Star
Comments: 2378

Unfortunately there is no voting mechanism for new features. All you can do is use the in-App feedback to make the suggestion that two-factor authentication should be an option. You make in-App feedback - click on Help bottom left corner, then click on "Send Feedback" (envelope icon).

Ian

Forum Moderator
Comments: 3973

Hello Everyone,

I've added your votes to the existing feature request (internal ID for ref TI-159925). Thank you! 

Beginner
Comments: 1

+1 need it too,

Thanks.

Forum Moderator

Sebastien SAPET wrote:

+1 need it too,

Thanks.

Thank you, noted!  

Beginner
Comments: 1

+1

we resell Acronis Cloud product and we need this secuity option.

Forum Moderator

Authen-TIC Informatique wrote:

+1

we resell Acronis Cloud product and we need this secuity option.

Thank you, registered your vote!