Skip to main content

Validating Incremental TIB From ATI 2019 Recovery DVD

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 17

Hello,

.  I need to validate an old tib file with one incremental copy..

I booted from my ATI 2019 boot disk.l I selected Recovery and browsed to the tib. file I needed and selected it for the backup list. When I expand the file on the backup list I get the following list:

[1] Entire PC ([PC Name])_full_b2_s1_v1

When I expand that icon [1] I get two icons for thre two tib files listed separately beneath it:

[2] Entire PC ([PC Name])_full_b2_s1_v1 [date of original backup]

[3] Entire PC ([PC Name])_inc_b2_s1_v1[date of incremental backup]

When I right click any of these three icons I get an option to validate archive. Does it matter which icon I use to validate the entire archive?

If I validate [3] will it also validate [2]?  If I validate [2] will it only validate the original backup [2] ? If I validate [1] will it validate the original [2] and incremental [3] backup files?

Thanks,

Ronald McGuire   

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 25764

Ronald, I would recommend validating the most recent file and this will walk through the whole chain of files for that backup sequence, i.e. _b2_ files.

Beginner
Comments: 17

Thanks again Steve.  Am I correct in assuming that if I have a backup with two incremental backups and I want to restore only from the first incremental backup that I can validate and restore the original and the first increment by selecting the first incremental for validation and restore options and the second incremental backup would then be discarded? 

Legend
Comments: 25764

Ronald, yes, that is my understanding too!