Why is Acronis so bad?
Just as the title suggests, why is Acronis True Image and Acronis Cloud so bad?
I got a license for it back in November, but I never used it after trying it out for one day because it was so bad. Now, in May, cause I've got nothing else to do because of quarantine, I decided to give it another shot. Well, not surprisingly, it hasn't gotten ANY better.
- It takes forever to upload files through the sync feature. It took me 3 hours to upload 1GB when it should have taken around 3 minutes. (My upload speed is 50Mbps, and yes, 50 megabits per second.)
- Whenever I make changes to folders that are added to Sync, it takes at least 10 minutes for changes to appear on the dashboard (when I click on "Browse My Data" in the Account tab in the desktop application Acronis True Image.)
- When I download files from the online dashboard, ones that have been uploaded through Sync, it takes absolutely forever to initialize the download, only for it to give me a "restore.json" file saying there was a server error. I am unable to download the file if this happens.
- When downloads DO initialize and file actually is able to start downloading, the download speed is absolutely horrendous. It takes 10 minutes to download a 500MB file. My download speed is 300Mbps which is around 38Megabytes per second. With that said, 500MB should only take 13 seconds to download.
- Files bigger than 1GB (from my testing) seem to not download AT ALL.
- Files that have been deleted from folders that are in Sync do not get deleted on the online dashboard and therefore create a lot of clutter.
These features are literally the core and fundamental features to your software, yet they do not work as intended. Hell, they don't even work at all.
Acronis True Image also needs to physically be open in order to be functional at all. No minimize to tray feature. Like, what is this? The whole point of syncing files is that your files are always up-to-date whenever there are changes made without you having to worry about manually backing it up. If you have to manually open the god damn program and have the active window open at ALL TIMES in order for it to sync, what's the point of having a Sync feature? How is it any different from just manual backups?
These are surely not limitations of my computer as well. My machine has been custom built with the following specifications. Files are being downloaded and uploaded with Google Chrome with all extensions disabled to prevent any complications.
- i5 - 8600k @ 5GHz
- The files are being uploaded from a Samsung Evo 860, 970 Evo Pro, Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD.
- 32GB of RAM @ 3200MHz
I can't even get my money back for this. What an absolute waste of money and time. I have never, EVER, used software as dogshit as this. The original Internet Explorer is probably better than this.
Acronis, please fix the software your company is known for.