Acronis 2020 Nonstop Reliability
I have been an Acronis Customer since 2011. I recently upgraded to Acronis TrueImage Home 2020 Build 20770. This is the 2nd release for the 2020 Version.
I am wondering if issues I am experiencing are unique to me or if this is an inherent software problem with this fresh release.
I have worked for several hours with generous and kind Acronis technical support. Despite their efforts, I am unable to reliably use the Acronis Nonstop features in a reliable fashion. My Acronis afcdpsrv.log contains messages such as:
- Warning: Has Read Error Read error or data content is corrupted
- Error occurred while reading the file path: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy504\
- The operation is not supported
- Error occurred while reading the file
- Operation has been canceled
Sometimes, after running for 3-4 hours, the complete backup fails. I delete the backup (from within Acronis) and create a new backup, only to find different issues.
Before setting up Acronis I have:
- Performed the MS antivirus full scan of the entire system
- Executed ChkDsk scan for each hard drive.
- Allocated an entire, newly formatted Hardrive with sufficient capacity for Nonstop.
- Allocated 20% space for system recovery for every hard drive (perhaps relating to volume snapshots)
After Setting up Acronis Nonstop and initiating the initial full backup:
1. Nonstop sits at the 2 minutes remaining mark for long periods.
2. After attempting to add a folder to a completed (but much smaller) backup source, error message appears stating Acronis is unable to access the storage location.
I am wondering if anyone in the Acronis 2020 community has successfully installed and is using Acronis 2020 nonstop to reliably backup a large source data (in excess of 1.2 TB) to a backup drive. Here are my specific questions:
1. Has anyone successfully created a complete non-stop files backup in excess of 1.2TB? For that matter, even a smaller amount of data!
2. Has anyone been able change the configuration of a Nonstop backup, after an initial nonstop backup has been initially and successfully created?
3. Has anyone been able to reliably run Nonstop backup with Microsoft Onedrive?
4. With MS OneDrive and Office 365, has anyone been able to successfully observe that Nonstop is actually detecting and backing up files (e.g. Excel, word) that have changed?
I have been told there were some known Nonstop issues (that I experienced with 2019) with that were supposedly addressed in the Acronis 2020 edition. Those issues are gone, but new ones keep coming up leading me to feel I am testing rather than using the software!
Perhaps it is indeed me, because I realized my computer system is somewhat complex because my source data is in excess of 1.2TB, and also because I use OneDrive.
If anyone has reliable success, or if you are also experiencing issues, kindly comment here.
Like I mentioned, Acronis TrueImageHome has served me well for many years. My hope is that Acronis can and will fix the issues.
PS - One last note: Anyone notice that when an error does appear on the Acronis desktop you are directed to view a website for additional information, but there is rarely if ever any additional information to view?