Skip to main content

Acronis True Image 2020 ThunderbirdPortable

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 3

Sehr geehrt Damen und Herren, ich habe nach dem Wiederherstellen ein Problem mit ThunderbirdPortable. Ich habe die C:/ System Partion wiederhergestellt. Ich hatte dann aber probleme mit ThunderbirdPortable da waren alles daten und einstellungen weg. Ich habe es später nochmal getestet mit nur einem Backup von dem ordner und wiederstellen und auch da ging es nicht mehr. Mit meinenm alten Norton Ghost ging es ohne Problem. Ich weis aber auch nicht wie ich nach dem Fehler suchen soll.

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner

Attachment Size
526604-178495.jpg 78.02 KB
Forum Hero
Comments: 6487

Welches Betriebssystem wird verwendet?

Wird das System über UEFI oder normal über MBR gestartet (bei MBR wird die erste Partition der Festplatte ist als "Aktiv" markiert)?

Wo ist das ThunderbirdPortable installiert, wo werden die Daten des Programms gespeichert?

Beginner

Hast du schon den fehler gefunden ? Habe es genau so wie du auch (mit ghost ging das )

Forum Hero
Comments: 6487

Ich verwende seit Jahren die "normale" Thunderbird Version (zur Zeit Build 68.4.1), bei mir gibt es kein Problem.

Frequent Poster
Comments: 886

It looks like the Thunderbird profile is either missing or just not found by the program now.

In the %AppData%\roaming\Thunderbird folder is a profiles.ini file which is easy to read and points to the profile folder. The default profile location is in %AppData%\roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles.I keep my profiles on my data drive where they are backed up separate from the system disk. If you can find the profile folder and you see that profiles.ini is not pointing to it correctly, you can easily edit the .ini file (not while Thunderbird is running) and then restart it.

EDIT: To add to this, from Thunderbird you can select the Help->Troubleshooting Information menu item where it has a link to open the profile folder.

Legend
Comments: 19298

With the portable version of Thunderbird, the AppData folder default path is never used - all the data including profiles are stored in the Profile folder where Thunderbird portable is installed.  This is the point of it being a portable app.

Frequent Poster
Comments: 886

Steve Smith wrote:

With the portable version of Thunderbird, the AppData folder default path is never used - all the data including profiles are stored in the Profile folder where Thunderbird portable is installed.  This is the point of it being a portable app.

I stand corrected, not having been familiar with the portable T-bird. The OP had trouble with the C: partition restore, so it would make me wonder how portable it really is if there is some reliance on something in C:. Or was it run from C:?

Legend
Comments: 19298

No problem Bruno - I only know a little about Thunderbird Portable because a blind friend uses it on his PC and I was making some changes for him yesterday to deal with an issue with NVDA which he uses for screen reading.

The user has full control over where Thunderbird Portable is installed and everything is self-contained in that location, i.e. a USB drive etc.  There should be no dependencies on any of the normal C: folders such as AppData etc, so the only other reason would be if any Exclusions matched the file types for the TBP configuration or other files.

Beginner

Hey,

es liegt an der erstelleung des Backup.

Ich hatte zum test eine neues Erstellt, danch ging das wiederstellen.