Skip to main content

Acronis True Image Wishlist

Forum Star
Comments: 3911

Except for the easy ability to create *.tib backups I'm relatively certain that all *.tib functionality has been restored. ATI 2021 has significantly reduced the differences in function of *.tib and *.tibx backups.

Beginner
Comments: 18

Peter Chalmers wrote:

A few wishlist items from me:

• Re-introduce the ability to set the backup filename format (with date/time, etc.). I still find that useful, and the manual script ‘hack’ is unsupported.
  • A ‘Restart the full+incremental cycle on this job’ button (as requested elsewhere, I think.) 
  • Also, a ‘pause all backup scheduling’ button - i.e. don’t start any new backup jobs until I un-pause (while I do this bit of maintenance, for example). As far as I can tell, at the moment I have to edit each backup job to set scheduling to ‘none’, then go and change them all back when I’m done. I imagine there’s something I could do with the scheduling process (?), but a supported control In the tool would be nice.

+1 to all of those.

Beginner
Comments: 18

Duplicate post.

Beginner
Comments: 2

1. Simultaneous operations. I back up my six drives by backing up 3 drives to one NAS and 3 to another, It's really painful that I can't have one operation to each NAS going simultaneously.
  2. Let me turn off the non-backup functionality. I already have AV, I didn't ask for my backup software to try and do it, and I don't trust its anti-malware performance after ATI 2021 surprisingly started chewing through my system resources with new features I didn't expect nor want.
Legend
Comments: 22416

Jeremy, rather than posting in this wishlist about the unwanted new protection features in 2021, please submit Feedback direct to Acronis about that issue.  We need all users who are unhappy with these new features to make that known to Acronis via the Feedback tool and not just in these forums.

Beginner
Comments: 2

Steve Smith wrote:

Jeremy, rather than posting in this wishlist about the unwanted new protection features in 2021, please submit Feedback direct to Acronis about that issue.  We need all users who are unhappy with these new features to make that known to Acronis via the Feedback tool and not just in these forums.

Thanks Steve, I have already submitted similar feedback about the protection features through the product.

Regular Poster
Comments: 111

From an early portion of this thread Steve said

1. Provide more options for task naming using such as DATE, TIME etc that users currently can only achieve by manually editing the task Script .TIB.TIS files.  This ability should be provided within the ATI GUI instead of users editing XML files and risking corrupting them.

I agree 100% recently I went through computer hell trying to restore to a new SSD. My old SanDisk had errors that I could only detect with Hard Disk Sentinel. After I got a new SSD (almost a month) I first ran Hard Disk Sentinel test to ensure all was OK with the new SSD. A few corrections were made. I then installed the SSD in the laptop, booted with my Acronis Universal Rescue thumb drive. I was not able to see the shared backup drive in my desktop.

I copied some backup files to an external USB drive, attached it to the laptop. Still I could not see the files.

I created another Acronis Restore (WinPE), booted from it, still could not see the network share drive or the USB drive.

I created a third Acronis Restore (Linux). I could see the network drive but it failed when I tried to use one of the files. I tried the USB drive with the copied files, same error.

I copied more files to the USB drive, still I could not use the files.

I installed Windows on the new SSD, Installed ATI 2020, access the shared drive. Used one of the earlier FULL backups (this later created other issues) and restored. Now the laptop ran but it is much slower than it should be.

Had it not been for modifying the TIS file so I could insert the date I would have been super lost in the recovery. For me, it is critical to have the information in the FILENAME not buried somewhere in the darn file. 

Regular Poster
Comments: 111

Another request

Enhance the uninstall process so EVERYTHING related to the install has been removed. I've been running ATI on my desktop, built in the 2010 timeframe and found numerous leftovers from the various versions of ATI that had been installed on my desktop. The install and uninstall process should be smart enough to clean the system of all traces. A user should not be required to run a special clean application.

Another request

I'm sorry but I don't see the new TIBX file format as a benefit. Please continue to support the TIB format or fully explain why it is so much better. So far everything I've seen does not convenience me that the new format is worth all the grief it has put me through.

Another request

Improve the user-friendly aspects of the application. I suspect that a lot of users are not super technical and would greatly benefit from a more friendly application. Normally a person does not encounter the need to restore and when they do that is not the time to go through computer hell and a learning curve to get the restore working.

Beginner
Comments: 6

When restoring a TIBX using the live CDs, I would much rather get a list of the backup dates stored in the TIBX than having to click backwards through a calendar picker to find the most recent green dot.

Beginner
Comments: 12

I only do Full Image backups of my PC and use the "Rescue Disk" to do so. I've disabled all TI start up processes (Scheduler, etc.). Also I only open the image file to restore a file or object but even that is very, very rare.  Hence, TI is truly my backup until I need something!

What would like to see is:

1. An option to only install the most basic configuration to just do an image backup (create Rescue Disk is just fine) and any other software to be able to open/view your image files.
  2. At software installation allow the selection of:
    1. Basic "Lite" version
    2. Full Bloatware version