Skip to main content

ATI 2020 work 4 times slower then 2018 version

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 6

Hello,
We used Acronis True Image during last about 10 years. We used versions 2014, 2017, 2018 with success and no problems. We use this software to make whole backup only for HDD/SSD 128-256GB only for Windows 7/10 systems. There is not much files or much more then standard amout after OS is installed. All files on computer are stored on other HDD's.
Right know we had ability to bought Acronis True Image 2020. We used this software on Dell Optiplex i7 32GB of RAM with 256 GB SSD Samsung PRO hard disc.
We used ATI 2020 as a bootable DVD and with Win 10 PE Enviroment (Win10 Core including all Windows drivers). Regardless of which type of bootable DVD we will use with ATI 2020 or we use this soft on Win10 to recover HDD's then this software make backup or recover data 4 times slower then ATI 2018. This SSD 256GB drive with 25% od data ATI make backup with about 20 minutes but ATI2020 make it with about 1 hour. Next imperfections is how ATI on Windows inform user about recovering from tib file. Information during recovering is so so poor and much worse then of bootable DVD. This version is terrible.
Is there anybody have similar experiences?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 19876

Roman, are you including Validation with your offline backup operation for ATI 2020?  If so, this can contribute to longer backups if continuing previous backups / using version chains.

Otherwise, I would recommend using a bootable USB stick for the rescue media instead of using DVD media, as a USB stick should provide better overall performance.

I would recommend raising this issue directly with Acronis by opening a support case with them.

Beginner

I never choose validation after backup process so this is not this source of problem. I think new format of tibx make new schema of making backups. Maybe it's very goods and shorter for computers with milions of files (as suggest Acronis) but for classic home computers using ATI2020 it's loosing time.
I hardly always use USB stick with rescue media so this is not a this problem too.
I made the same backup proces under Windows 10 OS and time for ATI2020 was the same so long ... 4 time slower then ATI2018 which we use.
I send problem to Acronis but my IT experince and 30 years and contact with Acronis support tell me that this problem will no be resolve by support even I spend with them next 1 year .... maybe in version 2021 or 2022 but I will have to pay for this version too ... which is not fair.
That's why I make a thread here.
We send next question to Acronis staff if we can use licence key from ATI2020 to work on ATI2019. This is best solution in such this case to not loos time and money.
Acronis have the same problem as all IT companies last 10 years. They release software not correct tested. They used advanced testing methodologies but not much real test on many computers.

Beginner

Acronis is the worse support as I even met in my whole IT career during last 25 years.
They agree to downgrade version from ATI2020 to 2019 because version 2020 work so slow but they need MORE and MORE money for service to make downgrade procedure.
I don't belive what I saw in their replay. It's make me laughing during whole evening.
Maybe they need more money to hire good staff to produce better software?

Reply from Acronis:
> Thank you for your email.

> As promised, I did check if we can downgrade your Acronis True Image 2020 to 2019 and you will
> need to purchase a service handling fee to generate the new serial key.

> https://store.acronis.com/882/purl-service-handling-fee .

> Please share the purchase invoice once done and we will proceed further.

> Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions. We are here to help you.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 5067

Jack Sparrow wrote:

Acronis is the worse support as I even met in my whole IT career during last 25 years.
They agree to downgrade version from ATI2020 to 2019 because version 2020 work so slow but they need MORE and MORE money for service to make downgrade procedure.
I don't belive what I saw in their replay. It's make me laughing during whole evening.
Maybe they need more money to hire good staff to produce better software?

Hi! We've passed your ticket to the higher management for review. Please accept our apologies for the negative experience with our software.