Dbl-click *.TIB fails to recover files on new computer
I have been trying, literally for days, to recover/copy files in a ATI for WD *.tib. The TIB was created on an external USB connected to Computer1. I need to recover them (copy them) to Computer2 due to catastrophic boot disk failure on Computer1.
Per User Guide (Help), I install ATI on Computer2, plug in the USB holding the *.TIBs, then try to use Windows Explorer to navigate to & select/copy the relevant files in the TIB from the USB to Computer2.
There are 4 incremental backup's and 1 full backup, and they are a selection of data files -- not a disk image.'
1. In Windows Explorer I first dbl-click on the latest incremental of the series. Acronis prompts me for the first TIB in the sequence, processes for 10-30 minutes, then prompts for the second and so on until I have selected the last incremental. At this point the Explorer window refreshes to show the set of incremental backups available, listed by date/time. So far, so good.
2. I select (Open/Explore) the Date/time backup I want, then am prompted for the initial *.TIB for that series and wait about 5 mins, then am prompted to "Locate the volume with 2" then wait a longer time before being prompted for "volume with 3"...longer wait... prompted for "volume with 4".
Now the Explorer window refreshes to show the drive letter: e.g., C:\ This takes, all told, about 1/2 hour, but I am making progress, albeit slowly.
3. I select the drive letter and repeat the process: ie, identify, when prompted, the first *.TIB in series, the s2, the s3 and finally the s4.
Now I see the folders off the root: e.g., \Users .
4. The above process and lengthy waits repeat each time I move down the directory structure to the folder I want to recover. This is excruciatingly slow, but hey...maybe I will eventually recover the files! Except that deeper in the directory structure, after the picking the final sequence TIB, the progress bar never completes--even overnight!
Yes, I have tried searching for a folder name: e.g., Documents. No joy.
Computer1: Windows 10, fully patched. This system failed.
Computer2: Windows 10, fully patched; 16gB RAM; 400gB free disk space. Trying to restore to this system from TIBs on USB.
ATI for WD (Build 39200)