Skip to main content

End of the Non-Subscription products?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

I have been a fan and user of True Image for a long time, I realize they have migrated over to a new name but what I see of the said new product is a subscription model!

I went through this with Adobe when they took away their stand-alone products, is there a way to buy a new version and not fork out 60 a year? I do not upgrade yearly as I only use True Image to back up my desktop PC and often times skip versions due to no significant changes from one year to the next. If what I am reading is correct, we are expected to pay a subscription fee now. What happens if we fail to renew? Do we lose access to the backups made? Can we Still restore them without renewing? Can you still add to a backup series without renewing? If the answer to the questions is no I will continue to use 2020 until it stops working then find a new backup solution that does not require a yearly subscription.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26714

Andrew, welcome to these public User Forums.

See KB 68375: Licensing change FAQ: Acronis products switch to subscription-only licenses - where this unwelcome change was announced recently!

Also see KB 63207: Acronis True Image 2020 licensing - where it details the way subscription works if you let it expire / don't renew!

Standard license is unlimited in time. Annual subscription means your license is limited for 1 year. You can renew your subscription and continue using the product.

After your Acronis True Image subscription expires, all product functionality will be blocked until further subscription renewal, however, the backed up data is still accessible:

• For 5 days after subscription expires you can continue making backups, including backups to Acronis Cloud storage.
  • During 30 days after subscription expires you can restore data from Cloud Storage. Thirty days after subscription expiration the data in Acronis Cloud storage is destroyed.
  • Local backups remain available for restore.