Skip to main content

Error Code 10 "File System Error is Found"

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

I made what I thought was a complete backup of my main partition using 2020 yesterday. However instead of a full backup I think it did an incremental backup on a previous complete backup that I had done with ATI2019. In the same folder I have My partitions_full_b1_s1_v1 From: July 15th My partitions_inc_b1_s2_v1 From: Sep 29th Now when trying to restore I get the following error

Failed to prepare operations. Error code: 10 'File system error is found. Consider checking the disk using Check Disk Utility.'  with extended code: 458,789 'Index is corrupted.'" line_tag="0x5FAC360A470D39FA"

Is there anything I can do about it?

Attachment Size
error.jpg 137.45 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 28256

George, welcome to these public User Forums.

If ATI is reporting a file system error for the backup .tib archive then there is unlikely to be any methods of resolving this as the archives are all 'read-only' so cannot be changed by CHKDSK etc.

ATI 2020 would create a new format .tibx archive file for a new disk & partitions backup task but would continue using the older format .tib archive file format for a backup already created by an earlier version such as ATI 2019.  The two file formats are not compatible with each other and cannot be mixed. 

I would recommend checking your backup location to see if you do have a .tibx file from the time when you created the backup yesterday?

Beginner
Comments: 1

No tibx so it must have been ATI2019. What I did is I restored the partition to July and then restored the files from the September backup and got whatever I needed from there. Will be more careful next time.

Thank you!

Legend
Comments: 28256

George, glad to read that you have been able to recover your partition and data, thanks for the feedback.