How to create a Disk backup as .tib (not .tibx)
- Turn off AAP (or Pause Protection ATI 2021)
- Create a new ATI 2020 Disks & Partitions backup task.
- Do NOT run the new backup task - select to Backup later!
- Exit the ATI 2020 GUI.
- Open C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts in Explorer
- Locate the most recent .tib.tis XML file & open in Notepad
- Find & Replace all occurrences of .tibx with .tib then Save the file.
Note: Ignore the .tibx entry in the Exclusions listing (*.tibx)
Find & Replace all occurrences of format="tibx" with format="tib"
- Launch the ATI 2020 GUI
- Turn on AAP (or Resume Protection ATI 2021) (if turned off in step 1.)
- Select the new backup task then click on Backup now.
- Open the location for the completed backup task to confirm .tib file was created.
Update: Tested above on ATI 2020 & ATI 2021 Beta and still works correctly.
Update: Added extra Find & Replace step at step 7. to match the Powershell script attached in post here.
Further testing with a Powershell script shows that AAP only needs to be turned off for when making changes to the script .tib.tis XML file. I will upload a Powershell script to this topic which can make the changes needed
plus turn AAP off and then back on again during the process. Reverted script to let user manually control AAP due to changes coming in 2021.
Acronis Links : Acronis Scheduler Manager : Acronis VSS Doctor : Backup Archive Compatibility : Cleanup Tool (ATIH 2010-2021) : Cloning Disks : Contact Acronis Support : Difference between Backup and Disk Clone
MVP Assistant (Log Viewer) & MVP Custom PE Builder available from Community Tools page.
Acronis True Image User Guides available from Product Documentation page.
imTranslator for quick translation of language posts.
Note: Please do not expect any instant reply for private messages as I am often unable to access these due to forum timeout errors!