Skip to main content

"The last backup failed" -->when it's a scheduled backup , but the same backup in manual mode works

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 7

Hello,

I have an issue with a backup. It is a backup scheduled at a certain time.

And it always ends with "The last backup failed" , I don't know why, and there is no explaination.

But if I run the same backup manually I have no errors

I have no idea how to fix this

Any idea where the logs would be?

Thank you.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26714

Fabien, one possible reason for your scheduled backup task to fail but work when run manually is the user account being used is not an Administrator account (as required by Acronis).

Download a copy of the MVP Assistant log viewer tool and use this to look at the logs to see if they show any issues during the operation process?

You need to be using the new log viewer tool per the link below. 
MVP Assistant update for Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (Version 1.1.6.0)

If you have Disks & Partitions backups created on ATI 2020 or later using .tibx files, then look in the Backup Worker logs.

If you have Files & Folders backups using .tib files (or Disk backups from earlier versions using .tib files) or using Cloning then look in the Demon logs.

Other logs are shown by the MVP Assistant under the 'Active Logs' heading of the Log Viewer page of the Assistant.

The log files should be zipped to preserve their original file names if sharing in the forums and would need to be less than 3MB in size, otherwise you would need to share the zip file via a Cloud share service such as OneDrive, Dropbox etc.

Beginner

Thank you very much for your answer

The account I use has Admin rights

In the meantime I uninstalled ATI and I reinstalled it. Looks like it works better. To see if it lasts

Where I could find Backup Worker logs ?  If I need ? 

Thank you for your time

Legend

Use the MVP Assistant tool referenced above and it will show you where all the logs are along with formatting them to render them readable!

Beginner

ok I understand thanks

Beginner

Great Tool

Beginner

The issue came back.

When my backup is in error (red cross), I've check in MVP Assistant log viewer, there were no entry in Backup Worker directory !

But when I run manualy the backup , I saw the log in the Backup Worker branch.

It's like it does not laucnh the backup  ?

Thanks

Legend

Is there anything in the Demon logs for the same time when the backup should have been run? There should normally be a short / brief demon log followed by a more detailed / longer Backup Worker one.

Beginner

Hello,

No there is nothing.

I have 2 backups plan.

One at 20:00:00 and it works no problem.

And one at 20:30 --> does not launch.

But I when launch manually there is no problem --> I launch it at 20:43 (cf the log file).

No idea.

Regards

Attachment Size
596753-305760.log 722 bytes
596753-305762.log 943 bytes
Beginner

Hello,

any idea to help me?

Thank you

Legend

Fabien, sorry but I am running short on ideas here for this issue.

The one suggestion that I can offer would be to either setup a new backup task using all the same source / destination and backup options as the problem task, or else to remove the settings for the problem task from the GUI by using the Delete option (leaving the files intact), then using the 'Add existing backup' option to select the most recent backup file from the destination location, after which the newly added back task will need to be reconfigured.

One further late thought, have you tested swapping the schedule times for your two tasks?  Example: run the current task at 20:00 instead of at 20:30, and the other task at 20:30 instead of 20:00.  Does the same task still run successfully / correctly and the same one fail?