Skip to main content

Missing tray icon tooltips (backup progress)

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 15

Hi!

I just installed the upgrade from 2019 to 2020 and noticed that the TI tray icon that appears when a backup task is running no longer gives me a tooltip when I hover over it with my mouse cursor.

Usually there appeared a tooltip showing which backup task is running and how much progess so far. Is this a bug of TI 2020 which will be fixed or is it an individual problem of my installation which I should try to fix by reinstalling TI?

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 8341

They changed the taskbar notification in 2020, but feedback from the beta was that we want the tooltips and ability to turn AAP off and on again.  It has been registered as a change request and should be coming back, we don't know when Acronis will be able to implement this feature back at this time.  Please submit feedback within the app and reference this forum thread in it.  The more Acronis sees the request, the more likely it will get priority in the updates.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 5590

Hello Martin,

> noticed that the TI tray icon that appears when a backup task is running no longer gives me a tooltip when I hover over it with my mouse cursor.

The tooltip with progress and task name is expected to be displayed in the 2020 version the same way as in 2019, I've reported the issue to the RnD. Thank you! 

Beginner
Comments: 1

Did they also ditch the sync icon for the system tray?  I haven't had mine since upgrading to 2020. 

Forum Moderator

Brad Isaac wrote:

Did they also ditch the sync icon for the system tray?  I haven't had mine since upgrading to 2020. 

Hello Brad,

sync, Nonstop backup and Active Protection icons were removed from the tray in Acronis True Image 2020. All details are now gathered in the Tray Notification Center.  

Beginner
Comments: 5

Yes.  Please bring it back.  It's very useful to have access to the progress without having to open the application.

Forum Moderator

Hello Lorne,

the issue reported by the topic starter is marked as Resolved in the Update 1 for Acronis True Image 2020. What build is installed on your PC? Do you see this light-blue icon in the tray?