Skip to main content

New True Image needed for Win10

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 5

Tried to use my True Image 11 Home with the new computer, told the "partitions" in my PowerSpec 747 or, Windows 10, no longer work with the older version

something to do with EFI?

plan to read up on that after some more pressing matters are dealt with... but highly likely, it is over beyond my  knowledge level 

shopping a new version, I'm confused

I can "update" the older version?

I don't want the antivirus, I won't pay monthly for the service

and, can I learn if the new version will work with my new computer

help? 

thank you 

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26714

Cerise, welcome to these public User Forums.

True Image 11 dates back to around 2008, so is over 12 - 13 years old and possibly predates the use of UEFI and GPT disk drives.

Windows 10 is only supported by True Image 2015 and later versions.

Acronis no longer provide perpetual licensed versions of their products, so ATI 2021 was the last such 'Standard' perpetual product version but came bundled with antivirus features!

You can probably still find copies of older versions of ATI such as 2019 on Amazon or other third-party reseller sites, otherwise you will need to look at alternative backup products.

See forum topic: Reflecting on a Post-ATI World which may be of interest / help for the latter.

Beginner

"need to look at alternative back up" meaning, the new versions of Acronis won't work? 

"bundled with antivirus" is the problem I was having shopping a new Acronis... 

the convenience of mirror image is necessary, esp now an OS disc is not included with a new computer

we don't have great cable, downloading is a problem and, I've heard too many tales of failed downloads and dealing with MS

but, I don't want the antivirus it seems I must pay for when buying a new version of Acronis

it looks like my WD "my book" also won't work with my new system? 

Forum Star
Comments: 4615

Versions of ATI stating with 2015 should work without any problems with Windows 10. ATI 2021 standard does not include the Cyber Protection functions (although they are perversely still installed). ATI 2020 and earlier do not include Cyber Protection. You best bet is to find a copy of ATI 2020 or 2019 on eBay or Amazon. Make sure it is a perpetual license!

Ian

Beginner

found a 2017 CD

Thank you

Beginner

Cerise Rowan wrote duplicate, can't delete
Legend
Comments: 26714

Cerise Rowan wrote:

"need to look at alternative back up" meaning, the new versions of Acronis won't work? 

"bundled with antivirus" is the problem I was having shopping a new Acronis... 

the convenience of mirror image is necessary, esp now an OS disc is not included with a new computer

we don't have great cable, downloading is a problem and, I've heard too many tales of failed downloads and dealing with MS

but, I don't want the antivirus it seems I must pay for when buying a new version of Acronis

it looks like my WD "my book" also won't work with my new system? 

By an alternative backup application, I meant one from another company hence my link to forum topic: Reflecting on a Post-ATI World

Acronis have changed focus to being a Cyber Protection company, so all their new products now include antivirus!

You can download an ISO image of all recent Windows OS versions from the Microsoft web pages which is why OS discs are no longer shipped.  The advantage of downloading the ISO is that it comes with all the updates that MS have released up to that point, so saving a whole lot of time doing Windows Updates.