Skip to main content

Secure Zone cannot Be selected as a Storage for Virtual Changes in Try&Decide

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 16

Environment:

Fresh installation of ATI 2020 version 25700 on fresh Windows 10 version 2004:

Problem:

After successfully creating a Secure Zone, it cannot be selected as Storage in Try&Decide.

Reason given (translated from German):

"service volumes (service partitions) cannot be used as storage."

I know this feature should work, as I have been using it with ATI 2014 on Windows 8.1 before.

The latest documentation for ATI 2020 also says it should be possible:

"You can use the Acronis Secure Zone as the storage for virtual system changes in the Try mode. The Try&Decide data will be automatically cleaned up after you stop a Try&Decide session."

source: en-us/support/documentation/ATI2020

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 21992

Kai, in the ATI 2020 User Guide section on TnD, it states the following:

When choosing to protect more than one partition, you cannot select one of the partitions to be protected to store virtual changes. In addition, you cannot select an external hard disk drive.

Have you included the ASZ in what you are using TnD to protect from changes?

Beginner

Thanks, but no, of course I did not include the ASZ in the drives I wanted to protect.

Interestingly, the official ATI 2020 documentation CONTRADICTS ITSELF in ASZ plus T&D:

Here the latest documentation for ATI 2020 says IT IS possible (as in former ATI versions):

"You can use the Acronis Secure Zone as the storage for virtual system changes in the Try mode. The Try&Decide data will be automatically cleaned up after you stop a Try&Decide session."

source: en-us/support/documentation/ATI2020 / index.html#13811.html

Here the latest documentation for ATI 2020 says IT IS NOT POSSIBLE anymore:

"Try&Decide cannot protect Acronis Secure Zone or use it as a storage for the virtual changes."

source: en-us/support/documentation/ATI2020 / index.html#299.html

Perhaps somebody else beside me can try this out?

Legend

Kai, I can see the confusion in the ATI 2020 User Guide.

The TnD section says it can't work with ASZ.

The ASZ section says it can work with TnD.

Your own experience supports what the TnD section says but you would need to raise this directly with Acronis Support to get a defiitive answer.

I do not use either ASZ or TnD so would need to start setting up both just to see if I get the same result as you, which I suspect would be the case.

Beginner

On support request, Acronis Support now confirmed to me that this change in ATI 2020 is intentional and correct:

"Try&Decide cannot protect Acronis Secure Zone or use it as a storage for the virtual changes."

Legend

Kai, thanks for confirming this via Support.