acronis true image home 2011 has not found any hard disk drive
After strugling for almost a whole day, I need your advice. I am building a new computer with two Intel SSD's X-25M 80GB units in RAID-0 setting which will run under Windows 7, x64.
The RAID-0 set is hardware based, made through the BIOS by pressing CTRL + I (Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard).
When trying to image the system using Acronis True Image Home 2011 bootable media on a USB stick, I get the error "acronis true image home has not found any hard disk drive".
For what I understand is that this problem is related to missing software drivers. I understood that BartPE can be used as plug-in however, this is not supported under Windows 7.
Any advice on how to proceed is highly appreciated.
Many thanks in andvance!
Short update. The problem is caused by the combination of two RAID-0 sets. I am using 2x Intel X-25M SSD's in RAID-0 and 2x Western Digital 1TB in RAID-0.
As soon as I disconnect the Western Digitals, the SSD RAID-0 set is recognized by Acronis True Image Home 2011.
The problem is that I need this combination of both SSD's and Western Digitals as the image of the SSD's must be copied during imaging to the Western Digitals.
Any suggestions how to proceed?
Hello Broom and Pat,
Thank you for your comments. Pat, thanks a lot for help.
Broom, in such situation we have only one option: investigation. Looks like there's a conflict between the drivers, but I cannot say for sure. Could you please send me the following information?
- Acronis Info from the problem machine
- Acronis Linux Report from the bootable media
- Acronis Report from the source machine
- PCI ID of the RAID controllers
This data will help us to localize the issue, and find a solution.
Let us know if you need any assistance, we will be glad to help.
The problem has been solved by means of WinPE as already suggested by Pat. I applied the following steps:
1. "Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack: Creating WinPE Media with Acronis Plug-In" -> http://kb.acronis.com/content/13641
2. "Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack: Adding Acronis Plug-In to WinPE 2.x or 3.0" -> http://kb.acronis.com/content/13643
3. Created WinPE / Acronis USB Stick -> http://www.themudcrab.com/acronis_grub4dos.php
Thank you both for your support.