Acronis True Image Home does not support windows dynamic discs, EZ drices etc.
I have been using Acronic True Image 2009 free edition since 2016 on a Dell all-in-one PC with a 1TB hard drive that has a partition. I have been regularly backing up my C drive on to the second partition and never experienced any issues. The bootable disc also works fine and I have been able to recover partitions.
Just last weekend, I am suddenly getting the above message after the PC has booted from the CD ROM and Actonic True Image has started.
Can someone assist please?
Daman, welcome to these User Forums.
What version of Windows OS is running on your Dell PC?
The ATI 2009 User Guide states the following:
1.3.2 Supported operating systems
Acronis True Image Home has been tested on the following operating systems:
• Windows XP SP 3
• Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2
• Windows Vista SP 1 (all editions)
1.3.4 Supported storage media
• Hard disk drives *
• Networked storage devices
• FTP servers**
• CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R (including double-layer DVD+R), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM,
• USB 1.0 / 2.0, FireWire (IEEE-1394) and PC card storage devices
• ZIP®, Jaz® and other removable media
Copyright © Acronis, Inc., 2000-2009 13
* Acronis True Image Home does not support dynamic and GPT disks.
Thanks for your response Steve.
I have been using Win 10 without any issues for almost 18 months.
If I upgrade to a newer version (free or paid) will that version be backwards compatible i.e. will I be able to retore from an image created using ATI 2009?