Skip to main content

ATI 2010 Can't Installtion Incomplete

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

OK no support. One phone call in 3 weeks plus weeks and was going to call me back but and no return call.
So I tried to do an update from the CD version "5029" to the latest
that I downloaded "6053" and I get the installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. I then downloaded and ran the true_image_home_cleanup.exe and it said removed. Then I tried to install 6053 same message over and over.
This is a WIN 7 64bit HP machine.
Can you help.......

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Comments: 1027

I had no problem installing 2010 build 5055 on a Win 7 64 bit system. 6053 might be "seeing" something it doesn't like. Try some housecleaning software like CCleaner. Also when you go to install the software, r-click on the installer and choose Run As Admin - even if your user logon status is Admin.

Beginner

No go. It still says the same thing. I can re-install from the CD at 5029 no problem. I can not install from an ATI.EXE file that I download. No matter what level.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8748

If this is a US English build, then 5029 is a very early beta edition.

I suggest the following.

1. Ensure that the Windows Temp folder is empty: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Temp

2. Run the Acronis uninstaller utility for 2010 - link lurking somewhere in the KB section or maybe Grovers Links.

Or as DnD posted.

Beginner

Thanks, but
1. It is boxed US English build
2. Done that
3. Did that as I said in my post. The latest Acronis uninstaller and it completed.

I can reinstall thew boxed version, but not 6053

Forum Hero

Still puzzled by the build number of 5029, but not to worry.

Try installing with no browser started or opened, no Outlook or Windows Mail, and with the firewall and AV scanning switched off.

There is also the possibility that the one of teh registry locations that is required doesn't have your user permissions to be altered - this happens with some installs of W7.

At the moment I can't recall the registry entry to check. Will try and recall.

Forum Star
Comments: 2991

Hello all,

Thank you for posting your question, I will be happy to help. 
John,
If the solutions provided by Bodgy and DwnNDrty don't help, please obtain .msi file of the failed installation and attach to your next post.
1. Launch the product installation file;
2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;
3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save. You should select C partition, and leave the auto-created file name.
4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:
msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\msilog.log
5. Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation;
6. Please compress MSI output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive.
We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. If the provided information is not clear or if you have any other question do not hesitate to post them and we will be glad to answer.
Thank you.
Beginner
Comments: 3

I'm suffering from a similar installation error for the Acronis image home 2010 build 13.6053. The error reads as follows "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be installed.You need to restart the installer to try again. Acronis True Image Home Installation Incomplete."
I've already completely uninstalled the all acronis products with an advanced uninstaller program, the acronis uninstaller utility, and a registry cleaner, along with manually all program files in C drive & manually deleting all acronis registry entries. All attempts have failed, and still get the same error message. Please someone help!!! what do I need to do to successfully install the acronis true image home latest build versions again on my system? I attached an error report log, hope that helps?!!!

I also forgot to mention that disabling my system's anti-virus & firewall protection has done no good either.
An I have not created any system restore points.

Attachment Size
25182-88141.JPG 59.59 KB
Forum Hero

Erick,

Have you checked your Windows Temp folder to make sure it is empty?

In XP it is : C:\documents and settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local settings\temp

In Vista and W7: C:\users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp

In 'run' mode you won't be able to delete all the contents (you can by booting into Windows Safe Mode), but the files that are locked shouldn't be the ones casusing the problem.

Beginner

I already deleted all the windows local settings/temp files! It's empty!
That didn't help!!! Any other suggestions? Should I just downgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2010's previous build to 13.6053?
I just don't get it!! Why am do I keep getting the same installation incomplete/interrupted error message? I've doubled made sure to uninstall completely the true image & all acronis products off my pc with the acronis_uninstaller tool! to no avail!!

Forum Hero

Erick,

At this moment I don't have any further suggestions. The uninstaller tool was the one designed for TI2010 not 2009?

What program runs 'incinerator' ? Try temporarily disabling System Mechanic and any other programs that autostart at boot apart form the Firewall and A/V. Check that the firewall isn't preventing installation.

What permissions does your log on have?

Beginner

I used the true_image_home_cleanup tool for my ATI2010!!
What do you mean "What program runs incinerator?"
My windows xp firewall isn't blocking my ATI201's installation, I'm sure.
What do you mean what permissions does your log on have?
What does that mean? I'm running windows xp under system administrator. I believe I have the system's full permission privileges to do anything?I think? I'll get back to you later, when I try to stop other programs that automatically run invisibly during boot-up.

Forum Hero

Erick Loza wrote:
What do you mean "What program runs incinerator?"

I saw on your picture a rubbish bin labelled incinerator and I thought I also saw the standard MS recycle bin, I assumed 'incinerator' might belong to a 3rd party utility

What do you mean what permissions does your log on have?
What does that mean? I'm running windows xp under system administrator. I believe I have the system's full permission privileges to do anything?I think? I'll get back to you later, when I try to stop other programs that automatically run invisibly during boot-up.

That's exactly what I meant, though there is a rare possibility that one of the registry folders might not be allowing even Admin access which will hinder installation - though I can never remember which one it is.

Are you installing for single user or all users?

Whichever one you've tried, try the other option if you haven't already.

Forum Star
Comments: 2991

Hello all,

Thank you for posting your question, I will be happy to help. 
Erick,
Acronis product tries to overwrite the registry entries related to the previous installation and fails. 
To resolve the issue please find the following registry keys (Start -> Run -> Type regedit):

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\UpgradeCodes

Look for the key starting with the following symbols: 

3A83DE76

After that make sure the rest of the key name digits are the same ones as following: 

3A83DE76-2884-B844-D44B-5D7D00BA8243

Having found the registry key, you should delete and start the installation of the Acronis product over again.
Colin,
Thank you for your help. 
Please let us know the results, we should be sure that the program runs flawlessly. If the provided information is not clear or if you have any other questions do not hesitate to post them and we will be glad to answer.
Thank you.