Skip to main content

Automatic cleanup in 2011 DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 57

It's a simple thing to do yet 2011 is LESS functional the 2010. Auto cleanup is not working at all now. I have the following settings:

6 differential versions
can't select more then one sub option now, so went with "keep size of backup no more then 200GB". Drive has 292GB of space. Today I login and AGAIN it say disk is full and it will "Shutdown in 600 sec" if I don't decide. The ONLY option I really have at that point is to cancel the backup. Acronis won't let me clean up backups from within and if I use windows to do it, it corrupts the backup.

Drive now has 42GB free. After the last backup, Auto cleanup SHOULD have been triggered because the backup size uses more then 200GB. But it didn't. Instead it waits till the next day (daily backups), decides disk is full and does nothing about it! What was the point in putting in an auto cleanup if it won't do anything. We shouldn't have to resort to 3rd party addons to clean up this mess.

And what's more, make ANY changes to the settings and it starts a new backup line leaving the old to be manually removed. Even if you simply change the time a little. STUPID!!!

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Member

And we have to add a bump to get the option now to get a email notify when there is a reply. Can't even get the forums right.

Found another problem, Several times I have set compression to max and check the box to make it default setting, but it was back on normal again.

How do we make it follow the animated example of removing oldest differential backups followed by oldest full when it gets to the next full, but based on DISK SPACE, not waiting 6 months to work.

AND DO IT WITHOUT 3rd party addons. Acronis should be able to do it on it's own.

Beginner
Comments: 3

I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. I am on build 5519, the most current.

Legend
Comments: 11125

I do not have build 5519 installed so I am unable to reproduce your situation. However, I have done some testing with the upcoming release and find that it will it will accurately follow your configuration's original settings for your backup scheme. It will create the corrent number of differentials and delete those chains which are to be discarded. Look at the attachment in link #5 of this reference link. It shows the resuls of a test similar to yours.
http://forum.acronis.com/forum/15770#comment-47634

Your only chance of success is for you to start over with a fresh task. If you read the help section, only deletes done within the program will be tracked by the program. So, if you want the program to track the correct number and delete the excess, I can only conclude a new task is the only solution. Perhaps you have been wanting to provide more security for your backups by getting additional hard drive storage and this could be that chance (smile).

help section wrote:
Deleting backups and backup versions
You may want to delete backups and backup versions you no longer need. Acronis True Image Home 2011 stores information on the backups in a metadata information database.

Therefore, deleting unneeded backup files by using Windows Explorer will not delete information about these backups from the database, and Acronis True Image Home 2011 will consider that they still exist.

This will result in errors when the program tries to perform operations on the backups that no longer exist. So you must only remove obsolete backups and backup versions by using the tools provided by Acronis True Image Home 2011.

To delete an entire backup:

On the main screen, find the corresponding backup box, click Operations, and then click Delete backup.

When you delete an entire backup, all its versions will be deleted as well.

To delete a specific backup version:

On the main screen, find the corresponding backup box, click Explore and recover or Explore all versions.
In Backup explorer, right-click the version you want to delete, and then click Delete version.
When you delete a backup version, please remember that this version may have dependent versions. In this case the dependent versions will be deleted as well, because data recovery from such versions becomes impossible.

If you delete a full backup version - the program will also delete all subsequent incremental and differential versions till the next full version.
If you delete an incremental backup version or a differential backup version - the program will also delete all subsequent incremental versions till the next full or differential version.

I don't know the frequence of your backups but you have indicated you want your backup chain to consist of one full backup and 5 differentials. Look at your storage space and based on how much space you have and the amount of space being consumed by your current backups, determine

How many backup chains do you wish to keep? and whether you want TI to keep or delete the first full backup. Input that into your backup scheme and begin again new. Be sure the above will fit into the storage space with enough room left over for another full--if it were needed. TrueImage does need breathing room and during its creation of backups, there is always an extra temp file in use (within the same folder) that is not deleted until that particular backup is finally created. This means the actual free space is less by the size of your last full and maybe a complete chain.

Listed belowa is a sample of how I believe your backup scheme should be configured. Once you begin the new task, let TrueImage handle the deletions via your configuration settings.
Click the image below for an enlarged view.

Backup_Custom_Dif5.gif

Attachment Size
48106-92434.gif 45.8 KB
Forum Member

First, from the screen shots in the pdf, I see they are dumbing down the inc choices to the same stupidity they have for diff. Currently with 5519 for consolidation they have several check boxes and you can select more then 1 option. With the diff option, you can only select one check.

Second,
"I don't know the frequence of your backups but you have indicated you want your backup chain to consist of one full backup and 5 differentials"

Reread, I said I had it set to 6, not 5, and that is how many to make before starting another full. But, as I clearly stated, I want cleanup to be based on the disk getting full, not how many backups there are or how old they are. If I do a big program install, then the diffs are going to be bigger and take up more space. That means less room for backups, But when they are small, it can keep more. I want to maximise the disk space I have. I'm not buying another drive to get around design flaws in the backup program. The drive is a 600gb drive with 2 partitions. Windows uses one for backups, Acronis uses the other. Another smaller drive gets non-stop backup. Backup btw is daily at 4am.

The setting you show flat out deletes the same no matter how much room it has. And If I set it to 5 chains, I can tell you it will run out of space. Full backups are ~50Gb. Currently diff backs range in size from 2Gb to 9gb. They would have been smaller if the program had used the compression level I set instead of changing it back to normal.

Also, I know you have to remove backups from within Acronis. That is another one of my complaints. When the disk gets full, it won't let you cleanup from within acronis. When you select the browse option, it just brings up a standard file manager list of yrou system to pick a new backup location. That is the ONLY option it gives unless you cancel the current pending backup that triggered the disk full. Once you do that, you can then browse the backups and selectivly delete to some degree, though even that is more limited then it should be.

Frequent Poster
Comments: 535

Timothy Lenz

Quite agree - another thing the clean up does on my system is when it runs the consolidated files become orphaned from the task and the space they consume is no longer used in the calculation and as you say the disk fills etc. etc.

I have to manually delete the files that are orphaned to create enough free space for the next backup - I hope that the next release will resolve this and a number of other issues like settings not sticking when tasks are edited and the setting of defaults etc. etc.

Legend

Timothy,
I am not aware of the removal of any consolidation options. What is displayed to the user is dependant upon what options is selected. Clicking on an option inside consoldation may add or remove options based on your selections.

help wrote:
Keep size of the backup no more than [defined size] - Select this option to limit maximum size of the backup. After creating a new backup version, the program checks whether the total backup size exceeds the specified value. If it's true, the oldest backup version will be deleted.

As I interpret these rules, when it make a new full, it checks the limit and if under the limit does no deletion and will allow x differentials with no more size checking until the next full is created.
If creating the full places it over the size limit, then after the full is created, it will delete the oldest chain (not the original).

Perhaps support can shed some light on this issue.

Attachment Size
48317-92467.gif 42.54 KB
Forum Member

The current 2011 version, diff options look like your gif, But, the option for inc look more like the way it was in 2010, where you could set by number of backups AND/OR age AND/OR disk space. It has check boxes to select each where as for diff, you can only select one of those methods.

It must check size after EVERY backup, full or not because diffs can be large. For some reason all my diffs are at least 2gb and some of them are 8-9GB. I think the larger ones are because of a game that was updated. But the others, the only thing I can think of is, it's backing up the swap file. Firefox is set to clean up when closed, so can't be browser history and I don't do much with large files.

Also, If you check the default diff setting, when the 6 month time is reached, it starts deleting first, the oldest diff for the oldest full and with each new update, deletes the next oldest diff until it gets to the last one. At that point, it deletes both the full and the last diff for that chain and the next chain becomes the oldest. At least I think that is how it is showing it. Looks like some how it also consolidates old chains into single fulls but then also deletes older versions of those except for the first full which is locked. We should have the option to do all that, but when the disk gets full, because most people are not going to have backup drives big enough to hold 6 months of their main drive and with backups changing in size, and the dif/inc files changing in size depending on activity, such as updating a large program, the consolidation needs to be flexable.

And tonight I found another problem. I tried to consolidate the oldest chain. It was a full, plus 6 diffs. 2 at ~2Gb each, and 4 at 8-9GB. I was expecting it to combine the last diff with the full and remove the rest. But instead, it just made a copy of the whole chain, deleted the original, and created a new backup making the old an orphan and will likely no longer be figured when checking if it should consolidate. WHAT A MESS

Frequent Poster

I quite agree consolidation just does not work as intended - lets hope the next version fixes ALL of the issues!

Forum Member

Since it won't cleanup, I decided to do it manually, but from within acronis. I picked the oldest diff in the oldest chain and told it to remove it. Simple. With diffs you should be able to remove them as you only need the full and which ever diff you want to restore to. But does it delete the file and update it's list? NO!! Instead is start making a copy of the whole chain, 100GB. No wonder it runs out of disk space when it's supposed to clean up. Instead of of removing the outdated backups, it first has to make copies of everything!

Also, because I made a simple change to the backup (turned email notify back on as it turned it off), it made another full backup today instead of continuing the current chain which only had 2 diffs. And each time it does this, the sub number gets added to the main and the name gets longer. Current backup name: Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(1).tib. The numbers are NOT in the name to use for backup. It is adding those on it's own, every time it starts a new set.

Watching it make the copy and it's clear why it runs out of space when it's supposed to clean up. It's making a new copy of the whole chain minus the file it was supposed to delete. If it worked correctly, I wouldn't need to keep 1/3 of the backup drive empty. I could make use of the whole thing for backups.

Beginner
Comments: 6

I noticed the same problem. And its even worse. Acronis does not save the settings for the automatic cleanup when set to incremental. You might want to try it on your own: configure custom scheme, select incremental, enable any automatic cleanup, click OK, reopen the dialog, automatic cleanup is turned off again.

Btw, I do not like the new UI style. Using hyperlinks to open dialog boxes is by far not the style I prefere. There are better means to show options.

I am very frustrated about the new version 2011, I see no benefit over 2010 but having spend money for a lot of problems.

Frequent Poster

I quite agree - this version is MUCH WORSE than the previous one.

I really do not comprehend how a QA department can miss such a basic thing.

Not only this it completely messed up the backups I already had.

I have had to start from scratch in order to get something that I might remotely be able to use. But even then I do not think it will work properly.

What IS the problem with Acronis?

I really do wish someone with some teeth would actually get off their bottom and give a good talking to the design team, the coders and the QA people, none of them seem at this time to have a clue about how to code and test this product.

ACRONIS When will we get the product we paid for !!!! I have waited a year and still no progress we are going backwards not forwards.

Forum Member

With backup size set to about 100Gb smaller then the drive, it did start removing the oldest diff backups. Also I am now updated to the newest version.

HOWEVER, The problem is still there. Instead of simply removing the oldest, it first makes a copy of the file. WHY COPY A FILE YOU ARE GOING TO DELETE ONLY TO DELETE BOTH??????

When doing manual consalidation, it first copies the file, then deletes. When done auto, it seems to be making a copy of the newest file first before deleting the oldest according to the logs. This also makes no sense. This is the log from yesterdays backup, the last one to leave the correct min space:
1 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:02 AM Operation Partition backup (System Reserved) (Disk CC) started.
2 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
3 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition 'D:'...
4 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition 'F:'...
5 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:04 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
6 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:04 AM Analyzing partition '2-1'...
7 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:04 AM Analyzing partition 'C:'...
8 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:05 AM Analyzing partition 'E:'...
9 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:05 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
10 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:06 AM Analyzing partition 'G:'...
11 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:06 AM Analyzing partition 'H:'...
12 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:06 AM Priority changed to Low.
13 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:06 AM Create Differential Backup Archive From: System Reserved (2-1), Disk C (C:) To file: "" Compression: Maximum
14 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:07 AM Pending operation 147 started: 'Creating partition image'.
15 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:07 AM Locking partition 2-1...
16 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:07 AM Pending operation 147 started: 'Creating partition image'.
17 Information 11/29/2010 4:00:07 AM Locking partition C:...
18 Information 11/29/2010 4:05:18 AM Pending operation 144 started: 'Saving partition structure'.
19 Information 11/29/2010 4:05:19 AM Validate Backup Archive Location: "H:\My backups\Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(3)6.tib"
20 Information 11/29/2010 4:05:19 AM Pending operation 3 started: 'Validate Backup Archive'.
21 Information 11/29/2010 4:17:38 AM Consolidate Backup Archive Location: "H:\My backups\Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(3)6.tib" Destination: "H:\My backups\Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(3)6_65574892-4D2F-441A-B4F7-5A6FF2A3A6E7.tib"
22 Information 11/29/2010 4:17:38 AM Operation has succeeded.

This deleted the last of the diffs form the first backup so that now, the two oldest files on the drive are full backups at ~51Gb each. This morning, it did NOT do a proper consolidation.:

1 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:01 AM Operation Partition backup (System Reserved) (Disk CC) started.
2 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:02 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
3 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:02 AM Analyzing partition 'D:'...
4 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:02 AM Analyzing partition 'F:'...
5 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
6 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition '2-1'...
7 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:03 AM Analyzing partition 'C:'...
8 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:04 AM Analyzing partition 'E:'...
9 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:04 AM Analyzing partition '0-0'...
10 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Analyzing partition 'G:'...
11 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Analyzing partition 'H:'...
12 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Priority changed to Low.
13 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Create Differential Backup Archive From: System Reserved (2-1), Disk C (C:) To file: "H:\My backups\Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(3)6.tib" Compression: Maximum
14 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Pending operation 147 started: 'Creating partition image'.
15 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:05 AM Locking partition 2-1...
16 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:06 AM Pending operation 147 started: 'Creating partition image'.
17 Information 11/30/2010 4:00:06 AM Locking partition C:...
18 Information 11/30/2010 4:29:00 AM Pending operation 144 started: 'Saving partition structure'.
19 Information 11/30/2010 4:29:01 AM Validate Backup Archive Location: "H:\My backups\Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Disk_CC5314413(4).tib"
20 Information 11/30/2010 4:29:01 AM Pending operation 3 started: 'Validate Backup Archive'.
21 Information 11/30/2010 4:39:32 AM Operation has succeeded.

Note the file it made a copy of was not the last one made this time. Also, I ended up with only 54Gb free when it is supposed to keep 100Gb free.
So Now There are 2 full at ~51Gb each followed by 5 diffs at about 27.6Gb total, followed by another full 50Gb followed by 5 more diffs at 15.2Gb followed by a 51.6Gb full. Next backup it will again make a copy, likely of the full and then run out of space screwing up the whole backup group AGAIN.

Acronis currently list the backup group as 238Gb. It was set to not go over 190Gb. The drive only holds 292Gb.

rkh
Regular Poster
Comments: 93

I'll add that despite other issues, the automatic clean up is now working for me. The solution in my case (as GroverH pointed out) was to start with a fresh task. I also removed all my existing backups from within TIH.

My problem is that the backups are not usable. It keeps wanting to know where "version 1" is located. How am I supposed to know what "version 1" is?

Seems like the automatic cleanup might be working over time and deleting things it shouldn't.

SO, be sure to occasionally try to mount or browse your backups to make sure they are usable. Their existence on disk does not mean you can restore from them.

Attachment Size
49823-92773.png 14.75 KB
49823-92776.png 38.85 KB
49823-92779.png 28.28 KB
49823-92782.png 22.45 KB
Legend

rkh,
Consider just prior to the next full backup, edit and change the type backup from incremental to differential. See if that makes a difference. Acronis considers backup 1 to the be the full backup but can't explain your error message. Which of the backup files were you attempting to restore as shown in mybackup-2?

Ed
Forum Member
Comments: 31

GroverH wrote:

rkh,
Consider just prior to the next full backup, edit and change the type backup from incremental to differential. See if that makes a difference. Acronis considers backup 1 to the be the full backup but can't explain your error message. Which of the backup files were you attempting to restore as shown in mybackup-2?

I have a custom backup scheme based on differential and ATIH2011 fails to retain my cleanup rules.

Legend

Ed,
Would you consider posting a picture of your backup scheme. It might help us to figure why yours is failing.

Forum Member

I've seen settings change also, but in my case it was when having to start a new backup because it broke the old. When saying recover settings from backup, it doesn't. In fact it doesn't even use the settings you have set when clicking the "set as default" box. Example, I set max compression and said make that default. It changed to min compression. After this mornings backup, I see it did managed it without running out of space, Think I had just enough. But when full backups go much over 50Gb, I'm going to have problems I think and changing the space to use will likely break it again forcing to start over with all new backups, it has in the past.

I did also notice that it didn't keep the first backup. It deleted that one. Seems when I started the last backup, the keep first box got unchecked. I checked it and will see tommrow if changing that setting makes it start a new backup set.

rkh
Regular Poster
Comments: 93

GroverH wrote:

rkh,

When I clicked on the backup title shown in mybackup-2 I got the message. Later I manually (via Browse for backup) added Partition_backup_System_Reserved_Win7C_2TBD5(7)6.tib (a random pick) to the list. Now when I click either "Full Backup C & D" I don't get the message. But last night happened to be a full backup, so I don't know if that had any effect. I'll have to try again after the next incremental.

Although my settings say Full after Five Incrementals, I got a Full last night with only Four incrementals since the last full. I wish they had a debug mode in the logging so we could help them troubleshoot this products behavior.

I'm not at 6574 yet. Once I do that I think I'll switch from Incremental to Differential

Ed
Forum Member

GroverH wrote:

Ed,
Would you consider posting a picture of your backup scheme. It might help us to figure why yours is failing.

Here are the rules I set:

Here's the backup chain created:

I find that if the "Backup scheme" tab is selected when you click "OK" from the Disk Backup Options dialog, ATIH2011 retains the rules. If the "Advanced" tab is selected when you click "OK", the rules change to this:

even after having previously clicked "OK" with the "Backup scheme" tab selected.

Attachment Size
49922-92791.png 87.73 KB
49922-92794.png 97.38 KB
49922-92797.png 138.53 KB
Legend

rkh,
Build 6574 has been withdrawn. Wait for the next build but not sure when it will be. Sometimes soon I hoope

Forum Member

I am already at 6574. Why was it pulled? Am I going to have a mess now?

Legend

Timothy,
The choice is yours as to what you want to do. Live with it for a few days more or restore back to 5519 until the next release whose release date is unknown.

I upgrades to 6574 and have not had any real issues but most likely you are aware of the problems being posted.

Beginner
Comments: 2

Btw, I do not like the new UI style. Using hyperlinks to open dialog boxes is by far not the style I prefere. There are better means to show options.

The new UI style is very unefficent to use compared to former versions. Perhaps the mission was to develop something that can be seemless integrated into windows. It probably should not appear as a separate program. I prefer separate programs.

Thorsten

Ed
Forum Member

I overlooked a significant side effect of clicking "OK" in the Disk Backup Options dialog with the "Advanced" tab selected: ATIH2011 actually turns off automatic cleanup:

In the screen shot above, I had clicked "Turn on automatic cleanup" to see what my cleanup settings were without realizing that my having to do that meant ATIH2011 had turned off automatic cleanup altogether.

Attachment Size
50027-92803.png 79.6 KB
Legend

Ed,
I have confirmed also that you are correct and your fix does work. If backup scheme saved with any of the other 3 tabs open, the cleanup settings are not saved.

Ed
Forum Member

Once I figured out how to retain my settings, automatic cleanup has been working fine for me the past few weeks.

Forum Hero
Comments: 9251

ATI not saving the auto-cleanup option has been solved with the latest 6897 build.

Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Automatic cleanup does not work on Acronic True Image 2014 build 6673.

I set "create a full version after every 7 differential versions" and Old version cleanuo rules to "delete version chains odler that 7 days"
Cound anybody help?
I think there is a bug ...

Regards,
Paweł Tomanek

Legend

Is diff_b1_S8_v1 older than 7 days based on date and time of that specific backup?
The cleanup should occur on the next backup after the preceding has been met.

If it does not, have you made any changes to the task since the task creation?
Changes to the task setting can cause unexpected results. Rather than make changes, I have found that creating a new task with the correct settings and allowing the task to run, has worked best for me.

Please post a screen capture of of your storage folder sorted by date and time.

My personal preference is NOT to use the option based on elapsed days but found that using the option "store no more then X recent version chains to work much better.

GH14. Custom Differential Backup Scheme . 6 Diff, Keep 4 chains. & folder

Beginner

Thanks for reply :)

I deleted old backup task (and files) and create new one.
Set to:
- create a full version every 7 differential backups.
- store no more than 7 recent version chains
- do not delete first backup

Testing ...

Legend

Your new settings iinstruct the program to not begin deletion until after backup 56.
You have told the program to keep 7 chains and each chain is 8 files so deletion will not begin until next full backup after #56 (full #9).
===============================================
I believe the setting you may be looking for is daily and
- create a full version every 6 differential backups. ( 1 backup for each day of the 7 day week)
- store no more than 1 recent version chains (chain = 7 files; 1 full plus 6 diff)
- do not delete first backup (firsr full will be always kept by the program)

Ongoing backup process will be

Backup 1--Create the permanent keep backup ( Full_b1_s1_v1)
---------------------------------------
Backup 2--Create normal backup (Full_b2_s1_v1)
Backup 3--Create Differential Dif_b2-S2_v1)
Backup 4--Create Differential Dif_b2-S3_v1)
Backup 5--Create Differential Dif_b2-S4_v1)
Backup 6--Create Differential Dif_b2-S5_v1)
Backup 7--Create Differential Dif_b2-S6_v1)
Backup 8--Create Differential Dif_b2-S7_v1)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Backup 9--Create next full backup (Full_b3_s1_v1)
.Oldest chain b2 will be deleted (Backup 2-8 or 7 files deleted)
..Remaining backups will be the Permenent keep Full_B1 and Full b3
...Backups continue
Backup 10 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S2_v1)
Backup 11 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S3_v1)
Backup 12 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S4_v1)
Backup 13 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S5_v1)
Backup 14 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S6_v1)
Backup 15 --Create Differential Dif_b3-S7_v1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Backup 16--Create next full backup (Full_b4_s1_v1)
..Oldest chain b3 will be deleted (Backup 9-15 or 7 files deleted)
...Remaining backups will be the Permenent keep Full_B1 and Full b3

Backups continue per schedule
Backup 17 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S2_v1)
Backup 18 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S3_v1)
Backup 19 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S4_v1)
Backup 20 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S5_v1)
Backup 21 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S6_v1)
Backup 22 --Create Differential Dif_b4-S7_v1)

--------------------------------------------------

Backup 23--Create next full backup (Full_b5_s1_v1)
Oldest chain b4 will be deleted (Backup 16-22 or 7 files deleted)
Remaining backups will be Full b1 (Permenent keep) and Full b4
Backups continue per schedule
Each time a new full is created, the oldest chain of 7 files will be deleted just like the above.

As part of my tib file name ending, I add
_@exec@_
so my backups will be sequentially numbered.

GH14. Custom Differential Backup Scheme . 6 Diff, Keep 4 chains. & folder

Note: In order to keep the normal full on the same day each week, you may want to ceate the first permanent full manually so both full b1 permanent and full b2 normal occur on the same day.
Edited:Corrected.

Beginner

Many thanks :)

Now testing new settings ...

Regards,
Paul