GETTING STARTED. READ BEFORE YOU POST!
A. GETTING STARTED
1. I just purchased Acronis True Image 2011 Home. What steps should I take to use this software?
a. Register your serial number
b. Download the latest version from the registration site.
c. Install the software (an un-install of a prior version may be necessary)
d. Create a new Bootable Media. Add version, build & serial number to CD label.
e. Boot from the bootable media
f. Perform a disk option backup which includes all partitions.
g. Perform some type of test restore from backup file to assure a recovery is possible.
h. Check this article that has general product description, how-tos and known issues.
2. Why do I need to create the bootable media recovery CD? When should it be used?
The standalone version (Acronis Bootable Media) of any Acronis backup product is an exclusive recovery environment for restoring images. Additionally, it allows you to create images, clone hard disk drives, partition new hard disk drives without having to boot into Windows. It has the same graphical interface as when you run your copy of an Acronis backup product under Windows. You can also check additional resources available here and here for more information. There is also a new additional article available at this link.
3. Why is validation important?
The Backup Archive Validation Wizard checks the compliance of the information that was read from the source drive with the information stored to the backup image. Check this comment for more information.
4. Why should I perform a test restore? Isn't validating the backup sufficient to know that the restore will work when needed?
Validation cannot give you a 100% guarantee that the backup is not corrupt. Performing a test restore will allow you to cover that little percentage not covered my validation.
5. What is the difference between exploring a backup file and mounting a backup?
6. I am having trouble recovering files in my backup. What other methods can I use to recover a few of my files?
Please check this extensive troubleshooting guide.
7. How do I post about problems that I have?
Provide a detailed description of the issue, include the full error message and AcronisInfo report. Keep in mind that technical troubleshooting is not possible on Forums. We can only suggest to try known solutions available. For any troubleshooting you will have to contact our Support Team.
8. How can I contact support?
If immediate assistance is required or you were not able to resolve the problem in the forum, a support case can be created by logging in to Acronis web-account->Get support>Click on the Start Here button->Navigate through the wizard.
Check this link for more detailed instructions.
9. Where can I download the latest build, bootable media and the User Guide?
In order to have access to the latest build of the program and the bootable media, please register the software first. After that, you will have access to them from the My Products&Download section in your user account. The user guide is available here.
10. I own an OEM version powered by Acronis. I have a technical issue with it.
11. What type of Support programs are there for Acronis True Image Home products?
Knowledge Base and Forum support are free. After purchasing the program you are entitled to 30 days free e-mail and chat support. After that, you can purchase a Per Incident Support number. Please check this table and the following article for more information.
12. How can I clone the hard drive in my laptop?
Please use this tutorial for detailed instructions.
13. How can I create a backup with Acronis True Image Home without installing the program.
Once you have purchased the program you will be given a serial number. Create an account at www.acronis.com and register the serial number. In your Acronis account navigate to the My programs&Downloads section and download Acronis bootable media in ISO format. Burn the ISO image to a CD/DVD and boot your computer from it. The program will be launched from the bootable media without using Windows. You can then create a backup.
B: COMMON ISSUES
1. Full list of common issues can be found in this Knowledge Base article under Known Issues.
2. What about SSD partition alignment?
Please check this detailed explanation by a member of the Acronis team.
3. Nonstop Backup turns off unexpectedly!
We are working on a fix and as soon as it is available we will provide you with an update.
4. Nonstop Backup stops unexpectedly, when I try to re-start it, my machine fails with a BSOD!
This issue has been fixed by our latest SnapApi drivers. Please contact one of our Forum Moderators or our Support team for a download link.
5. I boot with the bootable media and it does not detect my hard drive or the network card!
Bootable media created with the software sometimes lacks proper hardware drivers. The bootable media is constantly updated and you can download the latest version from your Acronis web-account. If it still fails to detect your hardware, please submit a support request with the Acronis Linux report so that we can fix it.
6. Windows 7 restore specifics.
In order to restore an image of Windows 7, make sure that the 100 mb System Reserved partition is backed up and then included in the restore. Please note, that it is not always present, depending on how Windows 7 was installed.
7. Which Home backup program supports Windows 7?
Acronis True Image 2011 Home supports Windows 7.
8. ATIH2011 does not detect my hard drives in Windows! What can I do?
Please check the following troubleshooting and solution guide available here. If it does not help, please submit a support request with the diagnostic information requested at the bottom of the same article.
9. I have a problem installing Acronis True Image 2011 Home? What can I do?
10. Backup speed is very slow in Windows 7.
11. I have a problem with Bootable USB media with my Acronis True Image 2011 Home netbook edition!
We have resolved most of the reported issues. Please update your bootable media from your account to get the latest fixes. Should you still experience problems with updated media, please contact our Support team with the Acronis Linux report.
12. I have a DELL computer and when I boot it from the bootable media, the program interface appears for a few seconds and the computer reboots!
This is a known issue which is currently being investigated. It is caused by DELL's recovery partition. We have a "custom" bootable media that fixes this problem. Please contact our Support team or one of our forum moderators for a download link for this bootable media.
13. I boot with the bootable media and the screen resolution is garbled. What can I do?
Please check this article for a workaround.
Anton DeevKnowledge Base and Video Tutorials.
Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.