mft bitmap corrupted
There are umpteen references to this malfunction in the KB and in the forums. I can't get any of the offered solutions to work for me. The facts are:-
Windows Vista home premium SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 1525
Western Digital 160gb hdd scorpio
I am trying to clone this disk to a new WD 320Gb hdd scorpio blue.
I have downloaded True Image WD from the WD website onto the 160Gb disk. I have run TI from this disk and from a bootable CD.
1. Clone from computer to USB caddy with the 320Gb disk. Fails.
2. Clone from 160Gb disk in the USB caddy to the 320Gb disk mounted in the computer using a bootable CD to run Acronis true image. fails.
3. Clone from 160Gb disk in a USB caddy to the 320Gb disk in a USB caddy using a bootable CD with True Image WD. fails.
4. I have downloaded and installed snapAPI.dll 584. And re-tried 1-3 above. All fail.
Each failure has the identical error message. "mft bitmap corrupted".
5. I have run chkdsk c: /r. Early on in the time wasting fiasco. all fail.
I have two error reports which are attached. One is using True Image on a bootable CD the other running it on the Wvista OS.
Any ideas as to what I am supposed to try now?