Skip to main content

[Offer ended September 8, 2014] FREE UPGRADE for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis

Thread needs solution
Forum Star
Comments: 2672

Offer of free upgrades to Acronis True Image 2014 for Windows 8.x users ended September 8, 2014.

Dear Customers,

I am happy to announce that we have released a free upgrade page for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis.

If you have True Image 2013 by Acronis license and use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system, you are eligible for free upgrade to Acronis True Image 2014.

To receive a free upgrade serial number, please open this link on your Windows 8.x machine and follow the wizard.

(!) Please note that automatically upgrades can be received for licenses purchased online on our website (via Cleverbridge) only. If you have a box version please contact our support team.

UPDATE (31.01.2014)

I am delighted to let you know that Windows 8 free upgrade page can now upgrade True Image 2013 by Acronis licenses purchased offline as well as online.

(!) Serial number has to be registered under your account on Acronis website.
(!) For offline purchases (box version or purchased via official Acronis reseller) only Standard or Family Pack upgrades can be provided automatically. If you have True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack please contact our support team.

Thank you.

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Comments: 5

I have a retail version of ATIH 2013 and I have contacted your support since December 10 (case number 02071384) and they still have not sent me ATIH 2014 upgrade as promised. When I use you link above, it tells me "The serial number is valid, however we could not locate your order in our database." I sent them the proof of ownership of ATIH 2013 and still no response.

Tom

Forum Star

Hello Tom,

thank you for your posting!

I'll check everything and get back to you via private message.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 3

Link for free upgrade provided by Anna must be accessed in Win8 (I am using Win 8.1) only. When I've tried to connect from WinXP, I was redirected to "Upgrade with 20% discount" page. On Win 8, same link has sent me to the correct page and I've got serial number for Acronis Image 2014 version.

Thanx,
Max

Beginner
Comments: 2

Thank you very much.

Paolo

Forum Member
Comments: 16

I have already purchased the Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade before the special free upgrade for Windows 8.x users link was available. I tried using the special free upgrade link with my Acronis True Image 2013 serial number that was from the Acronis Online Store and it automatically registered the upgrade and then when I go to the download page I ended up with 2 licenses for Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade. I'm running Windows 8.1 and only own one desktop PC. Should I ignore the free upgrade serial number and continue using the original paid upgrade serial number?

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi Anna,

I have checked my serials by logining my email account on your website and they indeed exist under my account. However, when I tried the link you provided, it's reminded that the email was not the one for registration.

My email address is wonder.wonder.wonder#gmail.com (replace # with @).

Best,
Ziqing

Forum Star

Hello Keith, Zinqing,

I answered you in private messages since personal information is concerned.  Please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hello,

I bought Acronis 2013 on Amazon. Unfortunately, the online update for Windows 8.1 does not work. Could you please help me?

Greetings

Alois

Forum Star

Hello Alois,

please contact our support team and they will be glad to help you!

Thank you.

Forum Member
Comments: 28

Thank you for this! Much appreciated!

Beginner
Comments: 18

Anna.Trifonova wrote:

Dear Customers,

I am happy to announce that we have released a free upgrade page for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis.

If you have True Image 2013 by Acronis license and use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system, you are eligible for free upgrade to Acronis True Image 2014.

To receive a free upgrade serial number, please open this link on your Windows 8.x machine and follow the wizard.

(!) Please note that automatically upgrades can be received for licenses purchased online on our website (via Cleverbridge) only. If you have a box version please contact our support team.

UPDATE (31.01.2014)

I am delighted to let you know that Windows 8 free upgrade page can now upgrade True Image 2013 by Acronis licenses purchased offline as well as online.

(!) Serial number has to be registered under your account on Acronis website.
(!) For offline purchases (box version or purchased via official Acronis reseller) only Standard or Family Pack upgrades can be provided automatically. If you have True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack please contact our support team.

ATTENTION Upgrade page and upgrade policy for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis is valid till 1st April, 2014 .

Thank you.

Greetings!

I own Acronis TIH2013 Family Pack (Retail Boxed version) which I purchased through Amazon (sold by Amazon LLC, not a 3rd party Amazon vendor) and I am thus far unable to get your 2014 License upgrade website to accept any of the 3 licenses that the Family Pack contains. All three licenses have been registered at the Acronis registration website since last August and currently show in my list of owned Acronis products. When I try to use the License upgrade website I get a message stating the following...

"The serial number is valid,however, we could not locate your
order in our database. Please click here to submit a request to
Acronis Customer Central. You will be asked to provide a digital
copy of your purchase confirmation."

I did a screen capture of my purchase Invoice at the Amazon website and uploaded the jpeg image thereof to the Acronis Customer Central website as per instruction. I have yet to receive any response, email, or other form of correspondence from Acronis regarding this request - nothing whatsoever...

If you would be so kind, please explain what the difficulty is in fulfilling this request.

Kind regards,
John

Forum Star

Hi John,

I see our support professional is already in contact with you. Please be sure your inquiry will be solved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 18

Thank You Anna,

With the assistance of your excellent support staff the issue has been fully resolved.

Kindest regards,
John

Forum Star

Glad to hear it, John!

Beginner

EDITED:

I have three upgrade keys - can I install the upgrades in say 6 months time? Will they expire?

Two machines are mothballed, so I would like to upgrade them at a later date.

I got an answer from Live Chat saying that the keys don't expire.  Thanks.

Beginner

I just got a new computer with Windows 8.1. I had the compatibility issue when I downloaded my software (Acronis 2011 plus 2013 upgrade). So I clicked on your link above and downloaded the file. It will not execute. What should I do?

Forum Star

Hello Astrid,

please let me know, which link you exactly mean.

Anna.Trifonova wrote:

This one is supposed to open a web page with special form for getting free upgrade is you have Windows 8.x OS.

Thank you.

Beginner

Got it! Thanks very much.

Astrid.

Beginner

Hello Anna

my product's name is [Acronis True Image Home 2013 Activation (English)],is that can upgrade to 2014?

Beginner

The first post says this - if you use Windows 8 then it should work.

free upgrade page for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis.
Beginner

I have older 2011 Acronis True Image which I purchased from a retail store. According to this upgrade table I am entitled to Acronis 2014. When I try the upgrade link, I am told my serial number is not valid.

https://kb.acronis.com/content/3699

Help please!

Beginner

The title of this thread mentions True Image 2013 by Acronis

PJ
Beginner

Anna.Trifonova wrote:

Dear Customers,

THANK YOU Anna. Acronis has kept me as a happy customer.

Beginner

Geeze, where to start after HOURS of frustration... Have new win8.1 system and want to install SSD drive that included Acronis 2013 activation key (see attached file). So, I download "atih2013hd_installer_hd_s_e.exe" from website and install True Image 2013 (Build 6306). Next attempted to clone drive of new win8.1 system to SSD drive. Upon reboot got a black screen with "Start PXE over IPv4" -- after research discover it's because my Acronis has problem with win8.1 so I download update build 6314 but when I enter the serial number it says it's INVALID!?! Even tried the smaller (only 98.5MB) power pack installer, no luck. So, more research... find I'm supposed to be able to install True Image 2014 so more downloading and installing -- More research, now I discover the "If you have True Image 2013 by Acronis license and use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system, you are eligible for free upgrade to Acronis True Image 2014" so I follow the link on my win8.1 computer AND AGAIN I GET INVALID SERIAL NUMBER AND I AM REALLY, REALLY PULLING MY HAIR OUT NOW!

PLEASE, what do I have to do to get this to work?
(FILE ATTACHMENTS: scan of activation key, screen captures of build 6306 install, screen capture of 2014 free upgrade serial number invalid)

Attachment Size
179066-114019.jpg 136.9 KB
179066-114022.jpg 138.01 KB
179066-114025.jpg 153.1 KB
Forum Star

Hello FishLung,

according to your description you have an OEM version of our software and the information in this thread applies only to full versions of True Image 2013 by Acronis.

Support for OEM versions of Acronis products is provided by OEM vendors. Please contact your hardware vendor to get the correct serial number or download link for installation file.

Also please be aware that Windows 8.1 is not supported by any edition of True Image 2013 by Acronis. It is recommended to upgrade to Acronis True Image 2014.

I had to remove your screenshots in order to hide your serial number.

Thank you.

Beginner

Uhh... Captain Obvious, why are you telling me "Windows 8.1 is not supported by any edition of True Image 2013 by Acronis" -- the name of this entire thread is: "FREE UPGRADE for Windows 8.x users who have True Image 2013 by Acronis"  -- But apparently I have Fake Image2013 by Acronis...
What do you mean my description!?! The activation key and the serial number I entered into the account on the Acronis website says: "Acronis True Image Home 2013 Activation (English) 1 license(s)" what does it have to say "This is the real deal, not the snake oil version"?
So, you're telling me the Acronis license that came with a new SSD drive isn't worth a buck of warm spit? I can't even install the UPDATE from build 6306 -- the version you acknowledge is defective -- to build 6515.  That bold face font that says: "Updates are free of charge" on YOUR Customer Service Product Update web page is just for show?.  Ok, I get it now, basically the plan is for Acronis and the drive manufacturer is to include a worthless software license to give the illusion of value when in fact it's just a scam to get the consumer to "upgrade" to a more expensive version.
Well, imagine my disappointment...
Ah, at least I can ventilate on social media where I can share this wholly frustrating and exasperating experience. Maybe I can save anybody else from buying a SSD drive from OCZTECHNOLOGY.COM that includes a sticker that exclaims "Acronis cloning software included"
Well Anna, I don't know why you bothered to hide my serial number, according to you it's worthless, right?
I will at least thank you for a response to my post.  Unfortunately, bad news does not improve with age.
Forum Star

Hello FishLung,

I'm very sorry to know that you are so frustrated and I'll try to elaborate on difference between OEM and Standard versions so that you can better understand the situation.

Acronis OEM solutions are based on our products but they are not identical copies. For example in this table you can find comparison of Acronis True Image 2014 with HD OEM  and Personal OEM versions. As you can see products have different sets of functions and of course they have separate installation files (= updates for Acronis True Image 2014 don't apply to OEM version and vice versa).

Standard and OEM products have different licensing models: Acronis has separate upgrade policy for OEM products and technical assistance for OEM versions is provided by OEM vendors.

Also please note that Windows 8.1 is not included in the list of supported operating systems on OCZTECHNOLOGY.COM website. You still can use your copy of Acronis True Image Home 2013 Activation on machine with older operating system.

Thank you.

Forum Member
Comments: 88

Thanks Anna, that was easy, appreciate it.

fyi, the Download button when you get to it, given on that webpage though is for an Old trial build of v2014, but I see on my Acronis Account for it now that Download button gives me the very latest build of AcronisTrueImage2014_6688_en-US.exe

Now I really have all the versions listed in my Acronis account way back from day 1 of Acronis
Well, but now there's the new Disk Director v12, so all we need is a free upgrade from our v11 ...maybe it's a free upgrade for DD11 already for all I know, haven't checked yet..

Forum Star

Hi Rick,

thank you for your posting!

You'll find information on Acronis Disk Director 12 upgrade policy in this article.

Thank you.