Skip to main content

Splitting afterwards (ATIH2009)

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 9

Hello

Is it possible to split an archiv after creation?

I have some backups with parts bigger than 24 GB and I would like to copy to BR. Is there a chance to do it with ATIH-Tools or must I take another archiver, i.e. RAR or 7z?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15733

Henk, I would say that you would need to exercise extreme caution in trying to split any .tib file after it has been created.  It is not something I have ever tried and I would test this on something that doesn't matter before trying it on any files that are important.  Putting the parts back together again will be the big challenge!

Beginner

Hello Steve

I would have answered earlier but the acronis server was not reachable for me.

I splitted files via Winrar and 7z many times and there was never an issue. So I think it is a robust method also for .tib.

My question is, does Acronis TIH provide a function to split an existing .tib so that I do not need an additional tool? In the program dialog for creating a new backup task there is an option for splitting. But when I click on an existing .tib-file there is no option for that.

Legend
Comments: 15733

My question is, does Acronis TIH provide a function to split an existing .tib so that I do not need an additional tool? In the program dialog for creating a new backup task there is an option for splitting. But when I click on an existing .tib-file there is no option for that.

Sorry Henk, there is no option for splitting an existing .tib file, only to create segmented files during the backup process using the options given.

Beginner

OK, thanks. I will use WinRAR.