Skip to main content

TI 2009 version 9796 freezes PC

Beginner
Comments: 0

I am unable to install the latest version of TI.  During installation it asks for timntr_2k.sys, which I can find from previous TI installation .9709.  However, on reboot I can't get past the XP Pro screen.  I have tried to completely remove TI from my pc but am unable to remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis key and the scheduler sub-key.  I have used the Acronis uninstaller utility and the Windows uninstaller as well.  I am now left not being able to install any version of TI that works.  9707 installs but freezes during backups.  I am attaching the report utility report as the system currently stands.  Appreciate any help on this.

Fred

Running WinXP SP3

Beginner
Comments: 6

I also tried completely uninstalling TI 9796 using the uninstaller utility, but when I try to install the previous version, it tells me there's a "newer" version installed. I tried manually uninstalling, and was able to manually delete the scheduler sub-key that you noted above, Fred, but I still get that message that there's a "newer" version of TI on the system. I ended up re-installing 9796 and I guess I'm stuck with it...so frustrating...

Beginner
Comments: 1

Fred Albert wrote:

I am unable to install the latest version of TI.  During installation it asks for timntr_2k.sys, which I can find from previous TI installation .9709.  However, on reboot I can't get past the XP Pro screen.  I have tried to completely remove TI from my pc but am unable to remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis key and the scheduler sub-key.  I have used the Acronis uninstaller utility and the Windows uninstaller as well.  I am now left not being able to install any version of TI that works.  9707 installs but freezes during backups.  I am attaching the report utility report as the system currently stands.  Appreciate any help on this.

Fred

Running WinXP SP3

I have the same EXACT problem on Vista!!  This program has cause me so much grief ever since I owned it - **** half-baked!!

Forum Star
Comments: 1027

Try using a Windows Restore point to put the Windows Registry back to before any version of True Image was installed.