Skip to main content

TIH 2011 v0.5 ....Does not show folder or contents (Temp Solution Found).....

Thread needs solution
Regular Poster
Comments: 413

A DIR Listing shows the folder... TIH 2011 DOES NOT Show Folder ...

I am testing TIH 2011 and found this problem today...

I am attempting to backup a folder named MyWeb sitting in the folder My Documents.

The MyWeb Folder contains several folders created with MS Expressions Web that are used for web development. The folder has existed for several years and is used daily.

I opened TIH 2011, selected "File Backup" and attempted to drill down to the MyWeb folder...
Well, that folder is not showing in the list...
I made 2 screen shots: 1 showing the folder displayed with 2011 and the other a screen shot of a folder view from My Documents on the desktop.

I have inclosed those screen shots.

Notice the MyWeb folder does not even show up....

Have I set some parameter incorrectly ?? hummmmm

Something is wrong here.....

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Attachment Size
tih2011_screen_cap.jpg 208.72 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Regular Poster

No one else has seen this problem ????

Frequent Poster
Comments: 535

Take a look in explorer on the left side of the screen you will see "Libraries" under there you will see Documents click the little arrow to expand and the see which of the two displayed locations has the "MyWeb" folder in. I suspect it will be in the public one but you are looking in your users location where both are displayed. Then you need to navigate to the right place in ATIH in order to see the folder to backup.

Hope that helps

Regular Poster

Ray,

Thanks for your reply.
I did go to Windows explorer to examine the dir structure.
The screen shots are accurate.
One is from Win XP Pro Win explorer.
I drilled down from C:\ Documents and Settings, Steve (Admin User), My Documents to capture the screen shot shown in my previous post.
Then I went to the exact same location with TIH 2011 (File backup) ,clicked on My Computer, Documents and Settings, Steve, My Documents and then captured the screen shot of the ATIH2011 folder listing. That folder MyWeb is definitely not listed.....

I am lost as to why.... it is a very important folder containing about 15 web development sites....
I can see the folder with everything else...the only program that does not see this folder is 2011....

I have to be missing something here... but one this is for absolute sure: I am drilling down to the same spot with both of the screen shots...

I have included another screen shot of 2011, drilled down to the exact same location.  Note the folder is still not there....

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Attachment Size
43614-91699.jpg 102.27 KB
Frequent Poster
Comments: 535

OK One thing I assumed was you were running Win7 as that is not the case what I said earlier was incorrect. I

It a long time since I used XP - have you looked down all the directories - "All Users" especially. It will be there somewhere, I just feel you are not looking in the right place.

Regular Poster

Ray,

Thanks for your reply....
Believe me.... I am definitely looking in the right folder....
This machine has 3 SATA drives...
1: XP/Pro SP3 2: Win7/64 3. Backup Drives
I can boot from either XP or Win7
I still use XP for Web Development. I drill down from c: My computer...Documents and Settings, User (Steve), My Documents to list the folders...
This is the folders and area I use daily. I checked ever user, Default, Admin..etc... This folder "MyWeb" shows up in everything else...ALL my photo edit programs, all my web dev programs, searches, ...Get this... Even in this forum when I "Browse" for uploading an attachment... this folder "MyWeb" is right there where expected....

Maybe I shoudl use Revo Uninstaller and just uninstall 2011 and boot and re-install....this makes no sense....

Steve

Regular Poster

As a test, I renamed the 2 folders just above where MyWeb shoudl be on the listing, went back to Acronis and the folders show up renamed...
BUT..the windows folder "MyWeb" STILL is not visible with Acronis 2011.... and IS visible with every damned application on my computer BUT 2011.... Go Figure.... now add this...I uninstalled 2011 and PP and booted.... and ran ccleaner...then reinstalled 2011 and the PP and guess what ???? STILL NO "MyWeb" folder.,..... I dont get it....
If I reanme it..I still do not see it.... Maybe I will make a new folder and copy all content to the new folder....
BUT...this worries me... what if there are folders that 2011 cannot see for some reason... They MAY NOT be in my backup when I need it the most.......

Steve

Regular Poster

SOMETHING is WRONG with TIH2011 , TIH2011 cannot see a Web Development Folder.!!!
Acronis TIH 2011 cannot show a specific folder or its contents. Every other app and windows shows this folder and it's content.
The folder was manually created a few years ago and contains web folders created with Microsoft Expressions Web , web development software. All folders and contents are visible in practically any application... This folder has existed for several years...

SO...here is what I did...
Created a New folder called WebActive and copied all contents of MyWeb into that folder. Both folders are in My Documents and can be seen by anything BUT 2011....

I Started a File backup and looked for "MyWeb"...could not find it... But right there was the new folder "WebActive" so I picked it for my backup.... Now Hear This.... >>>> Selecting that folder shows NO CONTENTS.... although it has about 500-600 MB of data. The backup was executed and took several minutes to complete.

I then attempted a recovery of that folder and to my suprise there it was ready to be recovered HOWEVER there were NO FILES LISTED....
So I could not recover several files, looks like I may have been able to recover the entire folder...BUT that is NO GOOD... I wanted to recover several files or one of the subfolders that were NOT Listed...It was a backup with 500+MB of data in it... and not recoverable at the folder or file level....

What the heck is going on here.....

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Legend
Comments: 11125

Try doing a file search within the backup to make sure it is not in a pseudo folder under another name. Since Windows uses place holder, sometimes it is difficult to locate. TrueImage will backup in its true location and that may differ from what you see inside Windows.

Regular Poster

Grover,
Once Again, thanks for your reply....
Attempts to search for any file in the backup resulted in zip found....
I just do not get it... Windows sees the folder "MyWeb" and everything in it...
I created another folder called "WebActive" in the same folder that MyWeb lives and populated it with the contents of "MyWeb".
Acronis sees that folder but NOT the contents....
Simulated Recovery of that folder indicates 32886 files and 2156 Folders (508.4MB) which is probably about right.
It seems to be the ONLY folder that Acronis is having difficulty with , however, it is one of the most important as it contains Development web sites.

I'd be most happy to provide you with a TeamViewer 5 ID to view the display if you would like to see what I am talking about....
BTW--- I booted into Win7/64 Started 2011 and viola...SAME THING... 2011 cannot see that folder or the contents of the copied folder....
Windows can see it just fine... oh, one more item... there is another folder called "My Web Sites" in the same folder that 2011 CAN SEE... however, it cannot see the contents.... and those contents are ALSO Web Development Folders created with MS Expressions Web 2 or FrontPage.

I can open any office 2007 pgm and see it... any photo editor and see it... mail can see it.... PhotoImpact can see it.... MS Expressions Web can see it... even MS FrontPage can see it....

I just cannot figure out why 2011 with PP cannot see it.

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Forum Hero
Comments: 8748

Steve,

How deep is this folder and does it contain anything with long names?

What happens if you move your WebActive folder to the root of C:\ ?

What permissions does the folder have in Windows?

What are the file types contained within the folders?

You make special mention of 2011 with PP, have you tried it with the PP uninstalled? I don't see why this would make any difference, but....

What happens if you name the folder with a short name with no spaces in it?

Regular Poster

Colin,
Thank you for your reply...
Answering your questions...
1. C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\MyWeb (No Long Names)
2. Testing a root copy now.
3. Same as other folders in that same dir.
4. Subfolders generated with MS Expressions Web or manually and contain mostly .htm, php and pdf files
5. Have not tried with PP uninstalled.
6. The folder is "MyWeb"... pretty short and no spaces.

A Test Folder "WebActive" is in same folder: My Documents and contains same folders and files as MyWeb.
TIH2011 can see WebActive but NOT contents.
TIH2011 CANNOT See "MyWeb"

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Regular Poster

Colin,
Answering to Question 2:
Moved a copy of "MyWeb" to the root... c:\
TIH2011 cannot see the folder when I select More Features, File Backup and look at the Root...
Everything else in windows can see this new root folder folder.... except 2011
Something is just not right here... I am suprised that no one else has seen this...
The only thing different about this folder is the contents.... but heck it is all htm or html files...

Steve

Regular Poster

There is aboout 550 MB of data in the folder in question. Even booting to a second drive with Win7/64 and running TIH2011 on that OS I still get the same results, When I look for the XP folder Steve/My Documents/"MyWeb", TIH2011 still cannot see that particular folder...
That is the ONLY one that cannot be seen, however, a copy of the content of that folder placed into a folder named "WebActive", can be seen by 2011 BUT the Contents are NOT listed BUT 2011 does see that there is approx 550MB of data files in the folder....

This folder is a Web Development folder, containing multiple websites and filed with htm, scripts and pdf files....

What in the world is preventing 2011 from seeing that folder ???????????????
ANYBODY else seen this problem ?? Any Web Developers ??

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Forum Hero

Steve,

One last try :) after copying the contents of the folder TI can't see at all to a safe place, delete all but a few MB's of content and see if TI can now recognise it. Alternatively make a new folder and add a 100MB's worth of files and see if TI can see them.

Double check that none of your files have any archive modifiers set - such as hidden, system etc, this has to be either something simple or something crazy in the TI code.

I take it your file system is NTFS and that you aren't using anything like BitLocker or TrueCrypt on the folder?

Legend

To add to the last posting.
Open a command windows so you have a full window open for use
Swithch directory to directory not appearing.
Then at the prompt
attrib
and press enter and you may have to use
attrib /p
or
attrib |more

This will show all the files and their attributes.

Regular Poster

Colin, Grover....
I think you guys have uncovered a FLAW....
Not sure how to deal with this but....
Viewing the folder "My Documents" at the command prompt reveals that the folder (now 2 folders are questionable) cannot be seen at the CMD Prompt level....
To recap, the folder path is:
My Documents/MyWeb
It CAN be seen Under windows expl or from any win icon and drilling down to it... BUTY it does not show up using the Command Prompt....
I did navigate to the test folder "webactive" and it DOES show at the Cmd Prompt but DOES NOT any contents...
SO...what gives...the attributes of all fioles and folders under this are set incorrectly ??? CAUTION..... These folders were created with Front Page and MS Expressions web and have been in use for several years. Remember ...All of our web applications can see and use any of the questionable folders or contents...

I am at a losss here... I do nto want to mess something up but TIH2011 needs to be able to see this folder....
Seems to me that 2010 DID see this folder.... I really do not want to run through that uninstall/install again....
Another thing...I booted into Win7 and look at the XP drive with 2011 adn got the same results...cannot see this folder....

Your combined assistance is very appreciated !

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Regular Poster

Colin, Grover.....
I think I may have success..... But I am concerned about this....
After manually backing up the MyWeb folder, I used the attrib function as suggested.
My final resolution was to use the attrib with -r -h -s /s /d attributes on the based folder and do the same with all files under myweb.
I can now see the folder in TIH2011 and the contents.

This brings up my next question:
This folder was created and used as a result of using Web Development software like FrontPage and Microsoft Expressions Web.
We set not attributes manually. All applications like adobe, windows explorer, numerous photo editing programs and even flash generation software CAN SEE and use the MyWeb folder without any trouble.... TIH2011 was the first application that coudl not see this folder....

BIG QUESTION.... IS TIH2011 REALLY backing up this folder when I do a FULL DRIVE Backup ??

These backups are so important to us.... I am feeling a bit uneasy about 2011 now....
Soon as I send this, I am starting a recovery from a disk image to see if I can recover that particular folder to a different location....

Colin, Grover
I look forward to hearing from Both of you.... Thank you
Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Legend

I'm not sure what you have here. Possibly some of these are shared folders--maybe created under differeing ownership.

Certainly, these would be included in a disk option backup because the backup would include everything. As to whether are they are in your files only backup is uncertain. They may be included but under differing paths.

Have you explored a prior backup so see what shows from inside the backup? Try drilling down to a specific file or do a file search for a specific file--inside the backup.

This may involve some policy revisions inside Windows but I am not familiar with what mght be needed. Such as "Run as Administrtator". etc.

You might also look around under the various user folders and you may find that certain "my document" folders are listed under various user names.

Not sure what more I can add.
Grover

Regular Poster

Grover,
Thanks for your comments....
The 2011 interface is a bit of a dissapointment to me.... or maybe it is just me...
I am finding it , once again, difficult to impossible to discover how to "Recover" a single folder or file from a disk backup.
I get to the point where I choose recover but cannot seem to find the correct places to actually drill down and select a single file or folder to recover from that disck backup.... This interface is just bewildering and a bit unfriendly to me.... Hopefully, it is not just me...

I have made recovery from the "MyWeb" folder into a different location successfully. So all is well there....
LAst step is to find out how to recover a single folder to a different location from a Disk Backup....
I have the backup, but for the life of me cannot seem to find the place to drill down and recover a single folder to a new location from that backup....

After this last test... Guess we will mark this Post Resolved.... OK

Legend

Locate your backup task containing the folder
In the middle below the Recovery tab, you should have a "Explore and REcover" option.
Click on it and once inside, then choose the Files & Folders tab
From there, you can drill down to the folder and click Recover
Then, you will have another window where you can choose the destination,
When all done, you have a "Recovery Now" button which will copy the selected folder or files to the target of your choice.

Regular Poster

Grover...
BIG PROBLEM....
Thank you for your comment and guide to recover a file or folder from my Disk Backup....
WOW...I did not expect this BUT... The folder this thread is all about WAS NOT included in the DISK Backup of my "C:" drive.... Everything else appears to be there and I was able to drill down to the exact place the folder shoudl be...Now believe me... the "MyWeb" folder and several others have been at this location for 2 - 3 years... My Goodness... My worst fears Jumped Right up here.... that folder could not be seen earlier in these discussions and apparently WERE NOT part of the backup of the entire disk... I am assuming that because it is NOT available in my Explore and Recover, that it was skipped.
I have included another screen shot of the area where the file should have been. I will make another Disk backup tonight and see if the attrib functions I used today make this folder visible to TIH2011.
If, in fact, tonights backup DOES Include the "MyWeb" folder, I think that the TIH2011 program has a VERY SERIOUS flaw.
I'll post the results tomorrow after I check the backup.

Thanks for your help on this...
Hopefully others will chime in. This could be a real problem that has gone undetected. I certainly did not attrib the folder such that is was unseen until now....

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Attachment Size
43878-91729.jpg 120.07 KB
Forum Hero

I think with this possible bug you've found, we need to find out if it is only with Files and Folders this happens or with full disk images as well.

Could you check a complete disk image, by exploring it and see if the folder and contents show up.

I recall something similar with 2009 I think, whereby in files and folders any folder containing a certain file ending ended up with the complete folder being ignored.

Legend

What other partitions do you have? Have you gone fishing yet?

What exclusions are you using, if any. Would these exclusions be listed in any of the missing folders?

Have you done a Windows file search from inside the USERS folder to see which user account is controlling the missing folder?

Regular Poster

Grover, Colin

There are no other partitions on the drive. The only accounts on the drive are the default admin, my wife and steve. I am the only actual user on this particular machine. This folder "MyWeb" does not exist anywhere else except within backups on a different drive.
The Machine: Core2 Quad, 4 gig, 3 sata drives. Boots to Drive 1.
Drive 1: XP/Pro/SP3 (All folders in question are here)
Drive 2: Win7/64 (Testing Only)
Drive 3: Acronis Backup Storage Only.

The only exclusions are the default ones set up during installation.
The problem folder contains: 14 website sub folders all containing: .html, pdf, php and jpeg files.
Total of about 500mb.

The original Drive Backup of Drive 1 was tested earlier today with a recovery, selecting files and folders and looking for the "MyWeb" folder to recover. The folder was NOT there...
Note my earlier post about doing the attrib on the folder and files. After the attrib was executed, TIH2011 did see the folder and contents, however, I never ever executed an attrib prior to this. The folder was manually created several years ago and populated by use of MS FrontPage and MS Expressions Web and manual adds and deletes over the past 3 years.

I will be running a full backup of this drive tonight and will report early tomorrow.

Many Thanks to both of you guys for your kind assistance and recommendations.

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

(Not used much, only for testing our web dev programs

Regular Poster

Grover, Colin,
Here is the result of my disk backup from last night.

The backup DID show the contents of the folder "MyWeb" and all contents were recoverable, HOWEVER, there is still a problem.
There is another folder called "My Web Sites" that contain only 2 web site data. It is in the same folder as "MyWeb". I DID NOT use the attrib function as described in an earlier post on that folder because TIH2011 did see that folder but did not show contents.

When checking the backup from last night, I checked the contents of "MyWeb" and all was ok. I then checked the contents of a like folder "My Web Sites" and discovered that there were NO contents that could be recovered using the "File and Folder" recovery option.

Another item: I made a copy of the "MyWeb" folder and named it _WebActive, before using the attrib on folder "MyWeb"
So when the backup started last night, it also backed up that copy.... and guess what... The contents do not show up... cannot be recovered.

So this leaves me with the same uneasy thought: Why is the folder "My Web Sites" being ignored in the same manner as the "MyWeb" folder.
If I counted on the drive backup to save us in disaster, I would be in a world of pookie.... It appears that the TIH2011 drive backup does not backup everything regardless of the file and folder attributes. That is BAD...very bad.... Now I cannot trust the backup. Now I wonder about other system and hidden files. Now I do not know what to do next.....

Maybe this thread should be brought to the attention of Acronis. Obviously, file attributes has an effect on TIH2011's ability to perform accurately.

Your comments and ideas are most welcomed.

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Forum Hero

Just to confirm.

If a complete disk image is made, the web folder and it's contents show up correctly.

It is only in Files and Folders backups that the problem occurs.

This is the same whether you use Windows Explorer to view the tib contents or TIH 2011.

Would you check to see if this problem with files and folders also exists when using the Rescue CD?

Regular Poster

Colin,

Results of a FULL DISK BACKUP Test
Actually the answer is NO. The folder "MyWeb" that I used the attrib function on prior to the full disk backup DID show up and was OK.
The COPY of that folder, made prior to using the attrib function on "MyWeb" , DID NOT show up correctly and was NOT recoverable.
Another folder, named "My Web Sites", containing web devlopment sites was also NOT recoverable after the FULL DISK Backup.

My recovery method: Try and recover a sub folder or File from the problem folder using a current FULL DISK backup made last night..

Colin, I'll test recovery using the Rescue CD created from TIH2011 and report back in the next hour.

Thank You
Steve

also in My Documents

Forum Hero

What attributes does the folder and contents have that can't be read by TI?

Regular Poster

Colin,

The attributes, for the most part appear as "A"
There are a couple of SH showing... but for the most part (99%) all are "A".
As best as I can tell using attrib *.* >attr.txt as the command.
These folders are deep.... with many dirs and sub dirs... but not unusual for web development folders.
They all contain subfolders with .html, .pdf, jpg and php script files.

XP Windows properties on one of the subfolders reports 13,425 files, 683 folders and 205MB
I am starting to check the TIH2011 Boot CD Recovery Now to see if I can recover a single folder or file from the problem folder.

Steve

Regular Poster

Colin,
Test Completed:
Recovery of a single file or folder from the TIH2011 Recovery CD was successful !!
Using the boot disk and selecting files or folders to recover and actually recovering them to a new destination was successful.... BUT
When I try to do the same operation from TIH2011, using the exact same Disk Backup Image, I cannot see files to recover.

I have included a screen shot of the attempt to recover files from the folder "__WebActive".
Double clicking or selecting this folder reveals NO FILES to select.
Imagine that.... The boot disk coudl see the files and the installed version TIH2011 with PP cannot ....

Steve

Attachment Size
44012-91747.jpg 88.47 KB
Forum Hero

I can see why TI would not be able to see files or folders marked as SH (the H being 'hidden') in Windows. This would point perhaps to TI using a different API to get entry into the directory listings (assuming it uses Windows OS calls ) rather than taking notice of Explorer settings which I suspect in your case have viewing hidden files and folders enabled, which presumably your other programs use, hence they can find and see them.

This of course begs another question not TI related, which is how did PHP, HTML file types become marked as system hidden files.

Forum Star
Comments: 4263

Colin,

I doubt very many of the web files were marked SH. If 99% are A, that sound pretty normal. I wonder if something else is getting reset when attrib was run.

---

Since the files/folders were included in the backup image, I think it's just a GUI bug. When I was testing restoring from a TrueCrypt backup, TI would "flash" the contents for restoring. I took this to mean that the files were in the backup, but TI couldn't/wouldn't display them. I didn't test it with the Linux version.

There have been cases where files created using certain methods are not completely "standard" and can cause problems with some programs. I don't know for sure if that's what happened here or not. I would assume that Microsoft would generate standard files.

One thing that would be interesting would be to copy the files to a FAT32 partition and then back to the NTFS partition and see if TI sees them.

Regular Poster

Colin, Grover, MudCrab,
I have done some checking on the attribs by checking one of the subfolders with lots of files and sub-sub folders....
ALL files EXCEPT 2 were marked with the attribute "A"
The 2 files in the attrib question are :
1. Attr:"AH" a desktop.ini file pointing to the _vti_pvt folder (contians version info, icons etc)
2. Attr: "ASH" a file placed there by a photo album generation program.
BOTH of these files can be deleted, would NOT affect operation and would be re-created when I used the web dev programs the next time.

Leaving the question... When attempting a "File Restore" from a Disk Backup , WHY can't ATI2011 display the files in the 2 questionable folders. An attempt to restore the files after booting into the recue CD were successful. So...the files are , in fact, in the image.

In an earlier post, I booted the same system to my second boot disk (Win7/64) and attempted to recover the same file with TIH2011 (which is also installed on the win7 disk) and was met with the exact same issue. During recovery atempts, I could NOT see one of the folders at all and the other questionable folder was visible but listed no files.... Go Figure....

I uninstalled and re-installed with Revo Uninstaller.... ran CCleaner....
Maybe there is a better way to uninstall and reinstall to make sure all is right with TIH2011

SO... I am not sure what to do at this point...

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Beginner
Comments: 3

Steve,
Thank you for your post.
The issue is being examined by QA at the moment. Meanwhile, can you, please, attach a screenshot of Windows Explorer settings.
1. Go to menu Tools->Folder Options
2. Switch to View tab
3. In Advanced settings find 'Hidden files and folders' and 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' items
4. Make a screenshot having these items visible

Regular Poster

Andrey,

Thank you for your reply.
I have captured the screenshot requested and attached it.
I look forward to receiving your comments.

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Attachment Size
44163-91774.jpg 108.37 KB
Beginner
Comments: 4

All - this should clear it up; I purchased this product on 9/15/2010 and tried to backup a network shared folder; the long and the short is that Acronis dropped this ability. I had it in the previous version, encountered the same problems you have all described, and opened a chat support because for 30 days support is included. The support representative told me I could not do this. I'm getting a refund. Attached is the transcript of my 'chat'.

I don't really understand why they dropped this feature; but they did. I was expecting a drawn out battle to get a refund, but since I'm in the 30 day 'grace' period, perhaps they decided to honor my request.

In any event, I'm pretty chapped at Acronis. This is such a blatent erosion of functionality to not have it listed prominently on the 'features' of the product is really lame. You don't take away major functionality like this and try to hide it!
===== chat follows =====
[personal communication] Please make sure Forum Terms of Use
are not violated by your postings.

Regular Poster

Randy,

Great, glad you got your refund, however, this thread was not concerned with backing up a "Network" drive but rather seeing/restoring a particular "local" folder and contents that is in the full disk backup file but is somehow being omitted from the restore view.

Steve

Regular Poster
Comments: 329

Perdido Beach,

File backup wizard shows hidden/system files and folders depending on the Windows Explorer settings. If "Show hidden files and folders" is selected and checkbox "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked, then all folders (with S, H and SH attributes) will be shown in Windows Explorer and Acronis True Image Home. However, it appears there is one situation in which the behavior differs: If the folder has S (system) attribute only, but not H (hidden) and "Hide protected operating system files" checkbox is checked, then Windows Explorer would still display this folder, but Acronis True Image Home won't. If you uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" in Windows Explorer settings you should be able to see this folder in Acronis True Image Home. We have registered a new ticket in our internal tracking system to replicate the behavior of Windows Explorer in this case.

Regular Poster

Dmitry,

Thank you for the follow-up.
I have tested unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files" and TIH2011 does show the folder and files.
So the bottom line: In an emergency, one could uncheck this item temporarily and recover needed folders or files, however, this is NOT a good option to leave UNCHECKED as it exposes your system files to inadvertant deletion.

Thank you for the emergency fix. Hopefully Acronis will make a more permanent fix in the next release....
They may even tidy up that HUGE backup/restore listing into a more friendly and usable form....
We can Marked this thread as a TEMP Solution....

Many Thanks....
Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

Forum Member
Comments: 29

Randy, I am reaching out to you directly. There was a major mistake on our part, in how your case was handled. My apologies for this I have addressed it and would like to make things right.

Rob Frost
Director of Support

Beginner
Comments: 4

Just a follow-up FYI...Randy here. I posted the transcript about 2011 not supporting backup of remote files and folders. Rob Frost, Director of Support has contacted me and been most helpful here. I have re-purchased both 2011 and the plus pack and Rob will be contacting me to show me how to use 2011 to backup remote files and folders.

There was a mis-communication of facts, a mix-up.

I'm fine with that. These things happen. So I just wanted to clear this up. I'm back using Acronis and they are helping me resolve this issue.

Regards.