Skip to main content

Windows 8 not loaded after Recovery error code 0xc0000225

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

While trying to recover my Acronis back-ups, I am getting the error message 0cx0000225 using True Image 2013 Plus Pack (April 2013 build)
System used: Sony Vaio S. uEFI
I had initially planned to repartition my hard drive and was planning to use Easus for that. I got that BSD after partition.
Now I continue to receive this BSD message with Acronis back-ups. To be safe and not dealing with corrupt partition, I have completely erased the partitions on the HD after the problems I had got with EASUS.
Any Suggestions? I don't want to have to reinstall all my programs.
Thanks. DV

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 9181

This error code is about a problem with the boot configuration, or some data/partition missing.
You best best is to start the computer on the Windows Installation DVD and to repair the startup of the computer. The built-in repair process might just work.
Otherwise, you will have to use the bootrec command to rebuild the boot information.
You will find plenty of links to help you through the steps.
I selected this one as an example: http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178280-error-0xc0000225-boot.html

Beginner
Comments: 1

Rebuild the BCD manually
Since the boot error is often caused by a missing BCD, rebuilding it is often a good solution.

Here are the steps to rebuild the BCD:

Boot from the Windows install disc
Click on Repair your computer after selecting proper language, time and keyboard input.
Select the Windows installation drive, which is usually C:\, and click Next
Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box appears
Write the following command and press Enter afterwards:
bootrec /rebuildbcd
If the program finds a Windows installation and asks whether it should add it to the boot list, press Y
exit the command prompt and restart your PC and see whether or not this thee steps helps to get rid of error code 0xc0000225 and your computer can boot normally.
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/windows-10-error-code-0xc0000225/