BUG: "The backup was paused due to the battery power saving mode." when no power saving mode is configured
- iMac Pro
- macOS 10.14.2 (Mojave)
- Acronis True Image 2019 23.4.17000
- Synology DS413 NAS with four slow (5400RPM) 4TB drives configured as RAID5
- Disable all forms of sleep/power saving on the mac
- Disable all forms of sleep/power saving on the Synology NAS
- Create a share on the Synology NAS
- In ATI, create a large backup job (6TB in this case)
- Schedule the backup
- ATI performs backups as scheduled
- ATI sometimes fails to complete backups, logging the reason "The backup was paused due to the battery power saving mode."
- The DS413 NAS is slow low end NAS, although it is confirmed as fully functional based on multiple write & readback verification tests of 6TB file sets across the LAN.
- When performing backups manually and watching progress, in the area where ATI shows the free space remaining on the backup destination, ATI occasionally flashes a message saying the backup destination is unavailable for 1/2 second before continuing the backup.
- Between the power saving mode message and the temporary "unavailable" messages, I suspect ATI does not correctly handle slower NASes. Is there perhaps a timeout which is much too short for detecting offline network backup media?
Thu, 01/24/2019 - 17:43