BUG: macOS True Image can't configure multiple backups to two shares on one server
- macOS 10.14.2 (Mojave)
- Acronis True Image 2019 23.4.17000
- Synology NAS
- On Synology NAS create two shares with the same owner, eg "acronis" and "acronis-weekly", each with a disk space quota
- In Acronis True Image, create a backup job that targets "acronis" and authenticate as requested.
- After authenticating twice, ATI will allow the user to select the mounted share as a backup destination
- In ATI, create a second backup job that targets "acronis-weekly" and authenticate as requested.
- After authenticating twice, the user should be able to select "acronis-weekly" as a backup destination
- After authenticating twice, ATI fails to mount the second backup destination. The destination cannot be selected.
- The problem does not occur if the machine is rebooted before adding the second share, or if the first share is manually unmounted.
- The disk space quota may not matter. I included it only because I didn't test without one.
- The problem did not occur when configuring two different backup destinations in one session where the destinations are on different NAS servers.
Brian, we have reproduced it. Will try to include the fix into one of our next releases.
I have also found that even after both backup jobs have been created, ATI will fail to mount one share if a previous run of a backup job mounted the other share.