Skip to main content

True Image 2020 creates just one backup file

Thread solved
Forum Member
Comments: 21

Hello,

I'm using the testversion of True Image 2020. I'm wondered because the backup is set to delete every 15th backup. But I see just one tibx file. And it looks like that the size of the backupfile isn't getting bigger.

Does True Image 2020 for mac create only one backupfile and is there any fullbackup, incremental backup or differential backup method? I can't find this option.

Best Regards

Alex

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Member
Comments: 21

I asked the support.

They said that True Image 2020 only creates incremental backups after the fullbackup under Mac. It stores a number of backups, by default 20, and after that it adjustes the backups to delete duplicate files. But it doesn't delete the first fullbackup and and doesn't recreate it.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 5449

Alex, thank you for sharing an update! Yes, each slice in the backup chain represents a point in time to which the system or data can be restored. The first backup version contains all the data selected for backup. The second and subsequent versions contain only data changes that occurred since the previous backup version. All the backup versions are stored in a single backup file. You can also increase the number of versions stored.