Can't work out how to restore to mobile device after it was wiped
My daughter's Android phone is set to back up daily to my PC using True Image 2017. Her phone developed a fault and had to have a software updated, in the course of which all her data was lost. We are now trying to recover her data back to her phone, but can't work out how. The phone itself is trying to get us to reconfigure the backup because of course the Acronis settings were lost along with everything else (which is fine but I don't want it to overwrite the existing backup on the PC), so we can't recover from the old backup. Anyone know how?
Chris, welcome to these user forums.
Please take a look at the ATIH 2017 User Guide: Recovering data to a new smartphone which states:
To recover your data to a new smartphone:
- Install and start Acronis True Image.
- Depending on the mobile backup location, do one of the following:
- If the backup is stored in Acronis Cloud, tap Back up to Cloud, and then sign in to your Acronis account.
- If the backup is stored on your computer, tap Back up to PC, make sure that the mobile device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and then scan the QR code to connect the mobile device to the computer. Refer to Backing up your mobile device to a computer for details.
Acronis True Image detects that there are mobile backups in Acronis Cloud or local storage on your computer.
- Tap Recover data.
- Select the mobile device to recover your data from, and then tap Select. For example, if you want to transfer your data from your old smartphone, select it.
- Select the data categories that you want to recover, and then tap Recover.
- Allow Acronis True Image access to your personal data.
When the recovery is complete, your data is downloaded to your new device.