cloning a sata raid hdd to a sata ahci sdd in windows 7
1. Make the regedits per https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/changing-from-raid-to-ahci/4c94f678-6bd1-48a6-b871-8872c841023a
2. Reboot to the acronis rescue disk.
3. Clone to the ssd with it connected via a usb adapter.
4. Shutdown the system and swap out the hdd with the sdd.
5. Startup while pressing the f10 several times to get into the bios setup.
6. Change the sata controller from raid to ahci.
7. Save and reboot.
Hopefully this works well for you like it did for me. It took me some research and a few failed attempts before this final process worked.
Derrick, thank you for sharing your approach to making this type of migration.