cloning a sata raid hdd to a sata ahci sdd in windows 7
1. Make the regedits per https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/ch…
2. Reboot to the acronis rescue disk.
3. Clone to the ssd with it connected via a usb adapter.
4. Shutdown the system and swap out the hdd with the sdd.
5. Startup while pressing the f10 several times to get into the bios setup.
6. Change the sata controller from raid to ahci.
7. Save and reboot.
Hopefully this works well for you like it did for me. It took me some research and a few failed attempts before this final process worked.
Thank you, Derrick! Moved the thread to the Best practices forum.
- Log in to post comments
Ekaterina Surkova | Forum Moderator
Information provided AS-IS with no warranty of any kind.
To contact support, please follow http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support
Acronis Links : Acronis Scheduler Manager : Acronis VSS Doctor : Backup Archive Compatibility : Cleanup Tool (All versions) : Cloning Disks : Contact Acronis Support : Difference between Backup and Disk Clone : Repair program / settings
MVP Assistant (Log Viewer) latest version see pinned topic in ACPHO forum page.
Acronis True Image User Guides available from Product Documentation page.
imTranslator for quick translation of language posts.
Please do NOT send private messages about urgent issues - open a forum topic instead where you will get a quicker response!!