Feedback on Acronis Forum
Dear Acronis Community,
finally this day has come and we have moved to a new forum built on Drupal 8! The old forum hasn't been updated for a very long time and this change will allow us to build new long-awaited functionality, as well as to leave behind some issues we had with the old platform.
What have been done (Stage 1):
- Main forum functionality completely re-built on the new platform Drupal 8
- Fixed security and performance issues
- Content migrated to the new platform
- Applied custom design skins compliant with our brand theme
- new item Story - will be used for creating and displaying content that informs or engages visitors.
The first phase is to migrate the basic functionality to the new platform. After full migration we will start working on adding new nice features to the logic.
Some features you might be used to that have been moved to the phase 2:
- quote -> will be added later (WEB-20737)
- file attachements - >will be added later (WEB-20726), but with the new text editor it will be possible to copy\paste all pictures directly to the text. To upload logfiles we can temporary suggest using the public services like Google Drive, Dropbox.
(!) all threads will get the status "Solution required". We'll introduce the new logic of closing the threads in the phase 2. The topic starter will be able to mark a particular comment as a solution and close the thread.
(!) old private messages are not compatible with the new module
We're aware of the reported issues and usability feedbacks and are working on the new patches, which will cover:
- new fonts with more contrast
- search index
- issues with commented/created topics shown for a different profile
- information about new content not shown correctly
- improved navigation (quick links to the top/to the last comment/to the new comments)
- old sticky posts will be added
Please let me know if you find any issues when using the new forum. Your feedback is much appreciated!