I get the following error text when I open Microsoft Exchange Server
“The action cannot be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Your network adapter does not have a default gateway” or “Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable”. I looked around and found a few solutions, but nothing worked for me.
This error occurs when Outlook is unsure of the default gateway address. The former is the error message that shows when the Outlook profile is configured automatically and the latter appears when the profile is manually configured. Both have the same fix.
- To repair this you will need to edit the registry so clicking on Start and then Run is necessary.
- Then, enter regedit in the Open box and click OK. Next, navigate to the registry key:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DefConnectOpts, and then press ENTER.
- Now, right-click DefConnectOpts, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
. If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest this program Exchange Server Repair Toolbox https://www.repairtoolbox.com/exchangeserverrepair.html