Migrate Easy 7.0
When will Acronis Migrate Easy support Windows 7? I am in need of my Migrate Easy, but I am running Windows 7 and it does not support this operating system!
I have tried making a disk image and restoring it to a larger disk, but when I booted Windows from the larger disk, it added a watermark to my desktop and said that "This software is not geniune".
Thank you for taking your time to post this question. Actually Acronis Migrate Easy 7 is able to clone the drive with Win7 offline - from the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, so you can purchase it and use from the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media CD included, but this won't solve the issue you have faced:
You received the watermark due to the security settings of Windows 7 itself: it identified the dissimilar hardware and marked the OS as "not genuine".
I would advise you to contact Microsoft Support for resolving the inconvenience with the licensing question.
I would appreciate if you could kindly let me know whether you have any further questions, I will be glad to help you!
I notice this is an old thread, but I used Yana's recommendation in Windows 7 to clone a 500GB to a 1TB HDD.
1. Created a bootable CD using the software.
2. Shutdown the PC
3. Installed the new SATA drive as SATA2 (I already had a second 1TB HDD in the PC).
4. Booted from the CD (after creating it with the software).
5. Given the selection of two modes (full and recovery), I chose full.
6. Cloned HDD SATA0 to SATA2. The cloning process lasted about 2 hours.
7. Shut down the PC after the program advised the process completed successfully.
8. Removed SATA0 (500GB) from the PC and installed SATA2 as SATA0.
9. Restarted the PC and saw it boot without issue (including the need to re-activate the OS).
10. I downloaded a free partition manager from EASUS to refine the partitions on the new C: drive (Migrate Easy left a lot of unallocated space).
All in all, the utility worked like a charm!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this program!