Skip to main content

Very long boot time from USB drive...

Beginner
Comments: 4

As the title says, booting AcronisTrueImage2019_14690 rescue media from a USB drive takes a couple of minutes which doesn't seem right.

All my previous versions, going back several years on different machines, have had the same problem. I posted about this same issue on August, 08, 2013 but it was never resolved. I'm reasonably sure T.I. is the only program which behaves this way.

Any ideas?

Mauri Berg.

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Comments: 2959

The boot time is determined by the OS being used in the recovery media. Until recently that was Linux, now the defatult recovery media is either Windows RE or (if the appropriate programs are on the computer) Windows PE.

Windows RE is the widows recovery environment, and it quite slow to load. Try it for yourself and you will see this. The Acronis module loads once the RE has loaded, and that too can take some time.

Ian

Beginner
Comments: 4

Thanks, Ian, for your reply,

So it looks like I just have live with the way T.I. loads? Not a biggie really, I guess ;).

Thanks again,

Mauri Berg. 

Forum Star
Comments: 2959

Yes, it can be disconcerting having to wait. I get the impression that the boot time is increased as the number of attacked drives increases.

Ian

Beginner
Comments: 1

I had the same issue when I built my own system. The hardware was all very good, but the boot time was around 5 minutes, which made no sense. (this was a HDD, btw). I can't remember if it was actually a USB HDD, but either way, it was a secondary HDD (USB or not) that was causing the slow boot.
This issue seems to only occur on Windows, Linux and OS X doesn't exhibit this issue.