[SOLVED] Large disk space consumption in C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\Catalog\
I got a instance of ABR 11 for Windows Deployed on a Windows 2008 R2 x64, ABR11 is the result of an upgrade ABR 10.
ABR 10 was installed on disk C (40Gb for OS only)
Since ABR 11 is deployed, we experiences lack of disk space on system disk C.
After investigations, we found that Acronis took between 6 and 11Gb in the Acronis directory :
C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\Catalog\A1B35874-6F6B-8536-1104-C552CE5851A5\002F28D8-719B-4FF5-BE8C-79951BCAF8AF\Index\ with larges files (2/3Gb) called like 7F51FF1D-99D9-4DF1-A12B-688E12097320 ...
Is there a way to stop this behavior ? No more big 3GB files in this système directory? Create this file on the backup volume next to the .tib files (There is a Catalog directory with similar files in int (naming + size)
Thanks for your support.
- Se connecter pour poster des commentaires
Try to see
Thank you for both answers, problem solved.
1) to switch off cataloging (Edit backup plan > Plan parameters > Backup options > Backup cataloging)
Somehow I do not see the option to switch off Backup Cataloging, but there are two other options: Full and Fast. Which one should eliminate or have the files reduced?
Do you have 11 or 11.5 version installed? I guess, it's 11.5.
In order to switch off the cataloging in 11.5 builds please proceed the following way:
- On a managed machine: Enable cataloging in the Backup cataloging option (Options > Machine options).
- On the management server: Enable cataloging by modifying the Windows registry.
- On the storage node(s): Enable cataloging by modifying the Windows registry.
Ekaterina Surkova | Forum Moderator
Information provided AS-IS with no warranty of any kind.
To contact support, please follow http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support