Aller au contenu principal

Has "automatically ignore all errors" option been finally introduced (and will it ever)?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Contributions: 3
Commentaires: 0

Hi

We've been using Acronis ever since Workstation Echo - going back quite a few years - and are currently on Version 11 of Backup & Recovery.

The functionality was always flawless - countless crashed drives/recoveries - so well done to Acronis on the product and its quality - except for one pet-hate...

Part of my scheduled backup is a shared drive, and it often happens that other users have a file or two open overnight. When a scheduled backup encounters such files, it pops up a 'retry/cance/ignore/ignore all' dialog box and parks off. Since it's an unattended machine and the task runs overnight, I have to log into it every single day to check if the backup has completed (and if not - to click 'ignore all') - as it's ways better to have a backup with a missing file than no backup at all!!

Prior to my upgrading, can anyone please confirm if there was anything done to resolve the above issue in version 11.5?

Thanks,
Mauricio

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Contributions: 124
Commentaires: 2670

Hello Mauricio,

in latest builds of Acronis Backup 11.5 if you enable silent mode in backup options  program should simply skip the locked files.

Thank you.

Beginner
Contributions: 0
Commentaires: 1

Anna Trifonova wrote:

Hello Mauricio,

in latest builds of Acronis Backup 11.5 if you enable silent mode in backup options  program should simply skip the locked files.

Thank you.

How exactly do you do set it to Silent mode?  I have 11.7.

Forum Moderator
Contributions: 239
Commentaires: 6973

Hello Alberto,

To enable silent mode for one particular backup plan: In the backup plan navigate to the Backup Options (at the bottom of the plan), then select Error handling and check the box silent mode.

For all plans: connect the console to the managed machine and then select Options > Default backup and recovery options > Default backup options from the top menu. And then select Error handling and check the box silent mode.

Thank you,