Aller au contenu principal

not turning off after 2 minutes

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Contributions: 2
Commentaires: 0

At times, when turning off my computer, Acronis displays the message 'Acronis True Immage is terminating the current operation, please wait. The computer will be turned off .. in about 2 minutes.
Half the time it does not tun off, even after 8 hours. How can I fix this?

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Contributions: 0
Commentaires: 2

I am having the same issue. At times, when turning off my computer, Acronis displays the message 'Acronis True Image is terminating the current operations, please wait. The computer will be turned off .. in about 2 minutes. But, instead of turning off in two minutes, it never turns off! How can this issue still exist in an updated product? This bug, or "Feature" as Acronis calls it, has plagued me ever since I upgraded from True Image 2011 Home. Does anyone know if this issue has been corrected in the 2016 version? If not, is a fix out there somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Beginner

Beginner

Hi,
I have the same problem on two computers with Windows 7, x64 and I have absolute no idea what is going on in the background. The product is registered but I found ou the support period is over. I'm hoping somebody can help.

Beginner

Me again,
May be it is a user right problem? I moved my windows user to the power user group and let the computers run over night. Today I computers shutdown worked perfectly.

Roy
Beginner
Commentaires: 5

I currently have this same exact problem and it still exists in version 2015. The only way I can escape this is to manually kill the power to the PC and reboot it. I am running the program on a Dell 64 bit work station with Windows 7. I use Acronis only to clone my hard drive as my backup. I have seen this problem mentioned in several different message threads on this forum. As of yet I have not seen a reply from Acronis on how to correct the problem or even recognition that the problem exists. I will not buy another upgrade to 2016 betting on the correction to be in it. I want a fix I can apply to my 2015 version that I just purchased 21 days too early to get a free upgrade to 2016.

Legend
Contributions: 172
Commentaires: 11125

IT,

The Windows power configuration (Control Panel/Power options
does have a bearing about anything power related.
Usually, what works best for Acronis is a "balanced" setting.
The settings which causes issues is the performance ones which try to get the max out of the computers.

Roy
Beginner

The PC is already set for "Balanced" operation.

Legend
Contributions: 172
Commentaires: 11125

Roy,
For a workaround, do your cloning when booted from the TI Recovery CD.
Be sure the cloned disk is not attached on first boot following cloning.
You do not want Windows to see two identical disks.

Beginner
Contributions: 1
Commentaires: 1

I am having the exact same issue on several Win 7 machines with the lastest build 6613. I was getting a similar error message prior to build 6613. Build 6613 solved the prior shut down problem for about 2 months, and now this message returns at shut down time. The computers won't turn off unless I press the power buttons to force a shut down.

" Acronis true image is terminating the current operations, please wait. The computer will be turned off automatically in about two minutes ".

Beginner
Contributions: 4

I have a similar problem since I updated to build 6613 on two seperate Windows 7 computers. The message

" Acronis true image is terminating the current operations, please wait. The computer will be turned off automatically in about two minutes "

is displayed from time to time when shutting the computer down also without a scheduled action for Acronis. The computer seems not to shut down at least for hours.

Beginner

Same thing experienced here with build 5620 running on Win10. I give up after 5 minutes... does not respond to any inputs, e.g. Ctl-Alt-Del, it is essentially a BSOD but without all the troubleshooting state data/memory dump... and this on a brand new HP Spectre laptop.

With no reset button I have only to kill it by switching power OFF which, consequently, results in an improper shutdown. So then tried build 5628 hoping they would have fixed this major malfunction. But No, got the exact same misbehavior.

We tried True Image 4 or 5 years ago and eventually ditched it for the same basic reason we're now experiencing once again: Unstable, i.e. flaky, software.

5620 and 5628, that's already two strikes for this go-round... Do I dare now to try 5634 for Strike Three? Either way I next to do a full uninstall and clean up of 5628 eliminating any traces of Acronis product.

For now it's Bye-Bye Acronis...

bye-bye Acronis

Beginner

I've started noticing this behaviour as well and left wondering what is running that needs that amount of time to shutdown?

MKr
Beginner

Hi all,

same problem (endless "two minutes").  I use TI 2016 build 5634 on two Win7 64 bit machines, both set to do incremental backups at every shutdown (but only once a day).

On both machines, around every second day, it shows that annoying "two minutes" message on the shutdown screen (same screen design windows shows when doing updates during shutdown procedure) WITHOUT ever shutting down.

The incremental backup is done, however; but there is no shutting down afterwards.  Totally annoying -- must shut down both PCs manually by pressing power key for 5 seconds, if I'm still around, that is.  If not, the machines keep on running with their fans at high speed; obviously the processor is far from idle.

Can anyone help here please?

Kind regards

MKr

Forum Member
Contributions: 4
Commentaires: 71

I too have had this problem over the years with several different versions of Acronis True Image.    I currently have 2 systems, 1 a Windows 7 machine with ATI2014 and 2 a Windows 10 machine with ATI2015.    These systems no longer get that message.  Why ?   There are 2 services  that sometimes cause this problem.  I have found out that by disabling these 2 services, I no longer have the shutdown problem.  

The service are:  "Acronis Nonstop backup service" and "Acronis sync agent service".  Note: If you are using features such as non stop backup, and you disable the service, I presume the feature will no longer work.   Note Acronis doesnot recomend this. 

MKr
Beginner

Thanks storageman, I'll test that rightaway, but it'll take some days.  I will definitely let you know whether that also works for me.

Kind regars

MKr

Beginner

I did the same as storageman, and it prevents the hung shutdowns.

However this is no way to fix an obvious problem with the software!

If only Acronis would put just a portion of their Advertising budget on creating a properly working product and some service!

Beginner
Commentaires: 4

I also have this issue on two PCs I have installed with Acronis 2016 billed 5634. 

On the Windows 7 PC the message comes up randomly on shutdown, probably every second shutdown, and locks up the PC for an indetermined time. The longest I have let it go is about 3 hours and after that time the harddrive activity light is still merrily flashing away. I have tried the fixes mentioned in the various threads however nothing is an easy fix and Acronis appears not to be addressing this issue.

I say this because reading a long thread in this forum about this issue, it seems that it started several years back and still hasn't been fixed in the current version. Comments by Acronis in that thread imply that this message is a planned feature of the program, however I am sure that the locking up is not intendedd. There are so many people in that thread with this issue, I would have thought the issue would have been addressed a long time ago.

My own PC is Windows 10 and this message pops up regularly as well, however, it only stays for the regulation 2 minutes and that is not a problem.

The big issue that I can see is that if a window update comes in that requires a restart or you turn off and find a Windows update is installing itself and the machine locks up due to Acronis. This would I fear not go over well crashing out to clear the locked screen.

As Acronis only allows a free one month chat support, I do not want to pay them for the privilege of asking them when they are going to fix this bug up.

Sorry about the novel length post. Does any1 actually have had contact with Acronis re this? I Submitted a feedback report re thi 2 weeks ago but no reply.

Tony

Beginner

Honestly I don't think Acronis has an answer.

The reason I say this is that I've used new versions of the program for about 6 years now without issue.

Before v2014 I loved the program and it worked well. Also the interface was great and did things the way I wanted them done. Since then they updated the interface added a bunch of Automation (I don't want) and changed to an atrocious interface to make it look simple at first glance.

But I digress :) Anyway NEVER had any of these shutdown issues until two updates ago. Then bang, not shutting down properly, with one of the services (can't recall which one) continually trying to shudown but can't. Once the service was forced off the computer instantly shuts down.

So I'm quite confident there is a bug, but Acronis support and service is obviously secondary to selling product so I don't hold out much hope they will spend the time to find a solution. That coupled with the fact the file image that is made is NOT even a complete image (as discovered by others here) anymore tells me it's time to move on to a new backup image solution.

I mean think about it Acronis! We are making  backup images in case of a system crash, yet the program is causing a crash which leaves the user unsure if the newly created backup will even work! Now if that kind of issue doesn't doesn't go to the highest priority to be fixed asap, then what is Acronis's main reason for existing?

MKr
Beginner

Mocho99, I could not agree with you more.  All your observations about the behavior of the Program and of the company are also mine.

What had been a completely reliable program with an understandable UI just a  few years ago somehow mutated into something that is no longer reliable, causes serious problems itself and is no longer really steerable by its UI -- at least I am never sure that I really understand the true meaning of an upper level setting anymore and additionally I am never sure whether the UI understands my intentions and/or relays them correctly to the underlying core.

But look at the blinkenlights!  Look at the cool UI!  You can even tap on it on a touchscreen!  That's what counts these days, I know; but I'm really surprised that a company like Acronis also joined that bandwagon that heavily, forgetting about what REALLY counts in a backup product.

And of course they are so totally IN THE CLOUD now!  They keep annoying about that so much that it hurts.  But who doesn't.

Also, as my firewall tells me, almost every Acronis background process (and there are MANY of them now!) contacts some Acronis or even 3rd party server, and does that often.  I don't have the slightest idea why; I opted out of ALL there can be opted out of cloud-wise.  The processes keep talking...

Another thing that really p... me off is the ONE MONTH support period.  I paid quite some bucks for the licenses, and they give me ONE MONTH of support.  I don't know of any other company with such a 'support' policy.

So I completely understand Tony Turner when he writes that he "doesn't want to pay them for the privilege of asking them when they are going to fix this bug up."  My month is also up and I don't want to do that neither.

But in fact I am thinking now of doing JUST THAT, hinting Acronis to this very thread and ASKING THEM -- at least they would HAVE to answer me, since I paid extra, wouldn't they?  And I'm just a little bit too curious about what they have to say...

If I do and if they answer, I'll be back here; also when I will know whether the stopping of certain unneeded services (see above) will also help me like it seems to have helped others before.

Regards

MKr

Oh, lest I forget:  Don't think I will buy any Acronis product again.  What RELIABLE backup alternative would you recommend?  I'm unsure.

Beginner

The thread I was talking about is

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/94506

Several pertanent comments are as follows

Support engineer re 2015 build 6613

If you see this message for several minutes (depending on your system performance) it is designed behaviour. It means that at the time when restart or shutdown were initiated Acronis True Image was performing any operation. It might be e.g. backup or validation.

If the message is shown for longer time, please send us your feedback through in-product feedabck form with system report attached, so that we can look into the problem.

Also

https://kb.acronis.com/content/19016

here they say if you have an issue with no task scheduled to run contact them. Ok done that but did not add process monitor data but so far no contact back. Really there are heaps of threads on this issue 2014  version upwards. Time someone contacted 1 of us to chase it up.

Mkr good luck

Tony

MKr
Beginner

Well, it has been a while since my last post on 2015-11-24.  Here's what happend:

So I really bought a one-time-support ticket from Acronis (called "Pay Per Incident Consumer Products order") for 20€ and (re-)reported this problem and referred them explicitly to this thread.

It did not take long and the support answered me: Yes, a few problems regarding powering down the PC are known and the developers are working on it.  In the meantime, support continued, I should try out to incorporate a .bat file's commands into the OS's power down routines via gpedit.msc; and they sent me the .bat file right along.

Well, I thought, quick response.  I did exactly as they told me, and monitored the behavior of my machine over the next few weeks closely.  In essence, I experienced the power-down freeze LESS OFTEN (down from 50% to about 15%), but it was still there.

(In the meantime, Acronis bugged me with automatic how-is-it-going mails every three days.(

Then, I wrote to them again, stating what I had found.

Acronis then answerd with a mail where they stated that a point had been reached now in the process where it would be no longer economically wise to further dig into the problem; it would be best for 'both sides' (???) to shut this request down now.  They would refund my 20€, however.

Oh well.  Thought so.

I wrote back to correct them that in my opinion, shutting my request down would not be in MY best interest, just in theirs.

I also stated my disappointment that this problem could not be remedied for so many years now and that, so many years ago, I once WAS a happy Acronis customer.  I asked whether it would be possible to downgrade my 3PC license for Acronis TIH 2016 to one of the earlier versions that still worked fine.

And indeed, they answered that this would be a possibility if that's what I wanted.  They asked me to which version I would like to downgrade to.

So I thought for a while and since I use SSDs I opted for the first version of TIH that was able to gracefully deal with them, which is 2011 according to the Acronis support.

And so it was done:  I received three new license keys for Acronis TIH 2011 and a download link.

And what can I tell you:  I installed that version on 2PCs and all was running smoothly again!  No bullshit user interface, no power-down problems anymore, fast and reliable again!  I'm a happy camper now...

I waited quite a while then additionally before my post now, to ensure that my happiness was a lasting one, but it seems it is.

Thank you Acronis, for making such a fine software as TIH 2011 and for making the downgrade possible.  No thank you for what you did the last few years, however...

Hope this helps.

MKr

Beginner

MKr, thank you for the update. That was nice of you!!

I plan to reinstall my OS so I'm going to install the old 2011 that I paid for and worked great. Heck as you mentioned the old interface even makes sense and works !!

Beginner

The issue has been fixed in latest build 6559 of 2016 version update. My wife's PC always had the issue now is clear from it.

Confirmed all 3 pcs that I have it installed on

ie

Fixed issues

This release includes the following issue fixes, increased stability, and performance improvements:

• Acronis True Image 2016 disables Windows 10 fast startup
  • The message about terminating current operations prevents a computer from shutdown
  • Under bootable media, Acronis True Image 2016 (build 6027) doesn't see the internal disk on Microsoft Surface 3 and Microsoft Surface 4
  • The error "Cannot create a database" appears when starting Acronis True Image 2016
  • The default subject of email notification messages is changed to the computer name
  • A disk cloning operation fails, and the computer boots directly to Windows
  • The default sync was deleted after the product update
  • Only the first custom backup scheme is saved correctly
  • The current Try&Decide changes are discarded after you select to keep them when the computer restarts
  • A P2P sync fails when you join this sync on the second computer
MKr
Beginner

Tony, thank you for the information, good to know.

However, I for one, now very happy with TIH 2011, will not 'go back' to one of the newer releases, keeping in mind that they

- still have totally f***** up user interfaces

- place a multitude of unneded, even obscure processes on my machines that (try to) communicate with Acronis and 3rd party servers all around the world for no apparent (!) reason even if I opt out of all cloud services and the like

- bug me beyond (my) believe to use Acronis' cloud services

- are still not as trustworthy when it comes to the very basic backup functions as earlier verions were.

The list of "Fixed issues" tells a lot.  Aside from the problem discussed in this thread, there appear a number of issues that I can not believe to ever have been ones...

No.

MKr

Beginner

Another update 5565 today unsure what changes as they repaeted the list I gave above.

I found 2016 useable once one understands what is not said in the instructions. My PC always shutdown with the message but the wife's PC never did.

I liked 2013 version it and 2012 were the first ones I used and saved my losing my PC files several times

Beginner
Contributions: 1
Commentaires: 12

gpedit.msc, Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Command Files, Shutdown, Add, File: net, Parameters: stop acrsch2svc