Aller au contenu principal

since win10 build 2004 I have to rebuild my Mbr after every recovery

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Contributions: 6
Commentaires: 8

since I installed win10 build 2004  on every recovery when my computer restarts and my  pc boots into windows i get a blue screen and I have to go into command prompt and rebuild my Mbr is anyone else having this issue?

 

the exact error msg is oxc0000225

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Contributions: 110
Commentaires: 28540

I have not seen any reports of such problems in these forums to date but may be a little early as 2004 has only been available to the general public for a couple of days.

Forum Hero
Contributions: 207
Commentaires: 5015

My experience is the same as that reported by Steve Smith.

I did a search of the error code and there are multiple sites offering potential solutions (relate to earlier builds of Windows 10). One thing that suggests itself is to check that the correct drive is set as the boot device [for legacy systems that would be the HDD on which the OS is loaded for UEFI devices it would be Windows Boot Manager.

Ian

PS On one of the i5 9400 PC the update refused to install - tracked it down of an outdated driver for the i5 9400 video driver.

Beginner
Contributions: 6
Commentaires: 8

I have done more investigating  when making the first backup from build 2004 that backup recovers with no issues.  If you then make any changes to your system and then back it up at least on entire PC mode it appears to back up properly but when you go to recover when using Acronis winpe disk  the acronis recovery backup bar appears as normal and as soon as it looks like it's done instead of saying it has completed successfully the acronis program just closes leaving the command prompt window open and when you exit and the computer restarts that's when I get the blue screen.  I find this behavior very strange I don't understand why it can restore the first backup of build 2004 but then after that you get this behavior and how what it cause acronis to crash?  I have tried this multiple times and it's not a specific program I'm installing. It appears to be any change from the original backup that causes this problem.

Legend
Contributions: 110
Commentaires: 28540

What BIOS mode does your computer use here?  Is this a UEFI / GPT boot system or is it a Legacy / MBR boot system?  Run the command msinfo32 from Windows and look for BIOS mode in the right side panel of the output report.

How many disk drives are installed in this system that would be included by using 'Entire PC' mode for the source selection?

When doing the recovery are you booting the Acronis WinPE rescue media in the same BIOS mode as your Windows 10 OS uses?

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media

Beginner
Contributions: 6
Commentaires: 8

Steve Smith wrote:

What BIOS mode does your computer use here?  Is this a UEFI / GPT boot system or is it a Legacy / MBR boot system?  Run the command msinfo32 from Windows and look for BIOS mode in the right side panel of the output report.

How many disk drives are installed in this system that would be included by using 'Entire PC' mode for the source selection?

When doing the recovery are you booting the Acronis WinPE rescue media in the same BIOS mode as your Windows 10 OS uses?

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media

 

GPT UEFI 

Legend
Contributions: 110
Commentaires: 28540

Jeremy, thanks for answering the first question about the BIOS mode, can you answer the further questions asked?

How many disk drives are installed in this system that would be included by using 'Entire PC' mode for the source selection?

When doing the recovery are you booting the Acronis WinPE rescue media in the same BIOS mode as your Windows 10 OS uses?

Beginner
Contributions: 6
Commentaires: 8

Steve Smith wrote:

Jeremy, thanks for answering the first question about the BIOS mode, can you answer the further questions asked?

How many disk drives are installed in this system that would be included by using 'Entire PC' mode for the source selection?

When doing the recovery are you booting the Acronis WinPE rescue media in the same BIOS mode as your Windows 10 OS uses?

one HDD ONE USB HDD

Legend
Contributions: 110
Commentaires: 28540

Ok, so your OS uses UEFI / GPT and you have just the one HDD plus your external USB HDD for recovery.  Final question, did you recover when booted from the rescue media in UEFI mode too?

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media shows how to distinguish between the two boot modes.

If or when you repeat this recovery and encounter the same issue, then please click on Logs while still in the rescue media (after the failure) and see if there is a log shown, if yes, then right-click on the log top line and select the log to either your USB drive or somewhere you can find it after getting back to the Windows desktop.

I still have not seen any other users reporting any similar issues after the general release of Win 10 #2004 to date.

Beginner
Contributions: 6
Commentaires: 8

Steve Smith wrote:

Ok, so your OS uses UEFI / GPT and you have just the one HDD plus your external USB HDD for recovery.  Final question, did you recover when booted from the rescue media in UEFI mode too?

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media shows how to distinguish between the two boot modes.

If or when you repeat this recovery and encounter the same issue, then please click on Logs while still in the rescue media (after the failure) and see if there is a log shown, if yes, then right-click on the log top line and select the log to either your USB drive or somewhere you can find it after getting back to the Windows desktop.

I still have

not seen any other users reporting any similar issues after the general release of Win 10 #2004 to date.

Yes I did.  I went back back too 1909 from a earlier image and I still have not yet been offered 2004 through windows update Maybe microsoft knows it's not ready for a wide release.  I don't understand how it could crash acronis even if it's a bug in os build.  thanks for your help!