Aller au contenu principal

Error Code 9; Extended Code 458,772

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Contributions: 1
Commentaires: 0

I have a failed RAID drive from a Thecus N5200PRO NAS that I am attempting to make a sector-by-sector clone so that I can rebuild my RAID. I am running True Image Home 2010 on a Win Vista machine. I execute the "Clone Disk" utility under "Tools & Utilities" menu and the clone fails every time with the message "Failed to prepare operations. Error code: 9 'A file system error has been found.' with extended code 458,772 'Invalid block list.' What does this error mean and how do I perform a sector-by-sector clone of my drive?

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Contributions: 88
Commentaires: 4769

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I will definitely help you with this issue.

The error is most likely caused by errors on your hard drive and the cloning procedure cannot continue. Please try running chkdsk /r and see if the issue is resolved.

I would also like to clarify something. Sector-by-sector clone is not possible, our program does not support this operation. However, you can create a regular sector-by-sector backup. Please check pages 18 and 69 from our User Guide for additional information.

You can also recover a backup in sector-by-sector mode in case you have some hard disk corruption, you can read more about it on page 95.

I would also like to offer these 2 forum posts that explain the difference between cloning and backing up:

- Cloning Questions.

- Difference between a disk clone and disk image.

If you have additional questions please let me know.

Thank you.