Aller au contenu principal

File association has been changed

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Contributions: 1
Commentaires: 1

I have files on a external drive that I have installed on my computer, the problem is I changed the associate to open the files with to internet explorer (my mistake). I do not have the backup program that was used, I think it was Acronis. I have downloaded the Acronis try and buy and have tried to re-associate the .tib files back to Acronis but it did not work. Do I need to buy the Acronis in order to make the file association work??

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Contributions: 124
Commentaires: 2672

Hello Lash S.,

thank you for your posting!

I don't think that file association in Windows depends on if you have a full or trial version of the program.

Could you please provide more details? How did you change this association?

Can you add your backups to the backup list?

Thank you.

Beginner
Contributions: 1
Commentaires: 1

in an attempt to open and view the old backup's I was looking for a program to associate the file with in order to open I accidentally selected internet explorer to open, that changed the association to internet explorer and I can not change it back.

Forum Star
Contributions: 49
Commentaires: 3750

Lash S. wrote:

in an attempt to open and view the old backup's I was looking for a program to associate the file with in order to open I accidentally selected internet explorer to open, that changed the association to internet explorer and I can not change it back.

What OS? If in Windows 7, go to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

Beginner
Contributions: 0
Commentaires: 3

Or you can right click on the program and select open the file with, then choose the right program to open that file.