Acronis 3rd Party application on Synology

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Commenti: 7

Hi,

I have a Synology DS916+

Version:     DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 1

To get the error, I do the following.

Open the Acronis True image application. New tab opens I get 'Please check the NAS network preferences, and then reopen the app.' Error. I don't know what network Preference to check.

I don't get the QR code generated.

I ahvealready reported this to Synology, they have checked everything, Network etc, all is good according to them. I can't see any issue, as all my other apps work from the drive. It's fully accessable from outside of my network, VPN works correctly.

Would really like to get this to work on my Synology Drive.

Allegato Dimensione
2017-11-29 20_59_46-Acronis NAS.png 302.89 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Forum Moderator
Commenti: 4538

Beginner

Hi Ekaterina,

I don't have the firewall enabled on my Synology DS916+

However, I did add the ports to my port forwarding rules on my ISP Router to point to the Synology server.

I however, still get the same error when trying to launch the Acronis 3rd party app.

Kind regrds

Legend
Commenti: 17140

Andy, is your mobile phone connecting to the same network as your Synology NAS, i.e. does it get an IP address in the same subnet as the NAS?  

Beginner

Hi Steve,

My mobile is on the same network, however, I just don't get the QR code from the Acronis application from my Synology device.

The mobile app works fine if I backup to my PC - But I would prefer if it was on the synology.

Forum Moderator

Andy, at this point I'd create a support ticket, so that our engineers can take a look at the log files and find the exact root cause for the issue. 

DJ
Beginner
Commenti: 1

Andy,

I know this is an old topic but I had the same issue getting my Acronis QR code page to load from my Synology device. I was getting the same 'Please check the NAS network preferences, and then reopen the app.' message and I realized that my NAS was automatically redirecting all web traffic through HTTPS and port 5001 as Synology usually does when configured to do so. To resolve the issue I simply changed the protocol in the URL to HTTP as well as the port to :5000 and attempted access to that page again and it works. QR loaded and now my device is backed up.

Not working URL:

https://NASname:5001/webman/3rdparty/AcronisTrueImage/index.html

Working URL:

http://NASname:5000/webman/3rdparty/AcronisTrueImage/index.html

Forum Moderator

Hello DJ,

thank you for sharing your experience with the Community! I'd only add that if changing to HTTP is not an option, please make sure you are using the latest version of the app and contact Acronis support team for our engineers to investigate the issue. 

In risposta a di DJ

Beginner

Many thanks,  DJ, that works, my backups are now working correctly.

In risposta a di DJ

Beginner

Thanks Dj,

Only works over HTTP not over HTTPS.

Beginner

Is this by design, the HTTPS doesn't work?

Forum Moderator

Changing to HTTP is a workaround, it should actually work with HTTPS starting from the Update 2. If you have some time for investigation and using the workaround is not preferable, please contact Acronis support team for investigation.