Salta al contenuto principale

Is True Image 2015 stuck in Queued

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Commenti: 0

I am trying to backup external drives with photos to a larger external drive.
True Image 2915 appears to be stuck in (queued). Has been running for 3 hours, and the backup of data has not progressed beyond queued.

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Commenti: 2

I'm having the same problem. I set it up to backup Entire PC overnight. The first night I tried, it told me it was disconnected from the network and stopped. The second night, it's stuck in Queued.

Beginner
Commenti: 1

Me too. It DID work at first, showing that it was uploading to The Cloud, but since then, every time I've restarted the computer it just stays Queued.

I tried one of the solutions at https://kb.acronis.com/content/16090 which was actually for the 2011 version, but which suggests turning off Windows Compatability, but to no avail.

Worse still, there's no other option for me but to suspend the operation in order to change anything, such as changing the schedule, as per http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATI2015/index.html#7941.html.

Search for the word "queue" in the 2015 Help Manual and you'll get a big fat nothing.

Come on, Acronis, how about a solution?!

Beginner

ditto How do I get out of queue?

Forum Star
Commenti: 2672

Hello Seymour,

are you sure that no other backup/validation tasks are running? Please check all your backup boxes.

Thank you.

Beginner

I have the same problem. Sometimes a backup can be 'run now' and other times it says 'queued.' I am running the latest TI 2015, with a trial for the 'Unlimited' ... I did a couple of local backups that ran (finally), and now am trying to do a Cloud backup. It has been sitting there, saying 'queued,' for a couple of hours. There is no activity in the Cloud to this point.

Oh, is there any more 'elegant' way to restore files from the Cloud other than downloading a .zip file and restoring them? I have been working with CrashPlan, but like the immediacy and scheduling of the Acronis local backups. CrashPlan is much more polite and quick about restoring from a cloud backup, though.

Help would be MUCH appreciated!
Dave

Beginner
Commenti: 3

I'm having the same problem. I've posted a couple of messages and have no answers so far. Anyone have any experience with any of the Nova products? I have not had much luck with Acronis support. Nova is having a sale and I'm thinking about jumping.

Beginner

Same problem, here, when trying to backup a disk partition on a NAS. What should I do ?

Legend
Commenti: 11125

One place to check is on the Scheduled option screen /Advanced settings and
make sure the "Run only when idle" is UNCHECKED. This option should not be enabled.

Beginner
Commenti: 7

Hi, afraid I have to add myself to the list of people with this problem. I am running ATI2015 build 6613. I had set up to to incremental each night, and full every 6 iterations. When I check the backup location (2nd SATA internal drive), the backups have not run. When I open ATI, the backups show "queued". However, they do not run even after hours. I had already re-installed ATI2015 to no avail. I deleted the backup jobs and re-created them - still no luck. I verified the 3 ATI processes are running and are also 'automatic' - though one is "automatic-delayed". I also made sure the "run only when idle" is NOT checked. When I stop the queued backup and then try to "run now", it does nothing, will not let me start it. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Legend
Commenti: 11125

If within 30 days of purchase of 2015, suggest you fill out an Acronis support ticket or Lve Chat and get their solutionm to your problem.

Another place you might look would be the Windows power configuration and if set to maximum performance, try setting to a balanced setting.
Have you looked at the log file to see if there is an error message??

Beginner

GroverH,

Thanks for the quick reply! I have had ATI2015 for several months already. I did notice in the event viewer that the VSS had many errors 8194. The VSS service was stopped, so I started it. ATI2015 still shows queued when I try to do an immediate backup.

Beginner

I looked up the error 8192 with VSS and followed the troubleshooting tips from MS. Everything seems to be OK. Now, I cannot do any backups. I created a new backup and when I try to run it now, it just says "queued". I tried re-booting with the same result. I would again appreciate any suggestions for what to try!

Thanks

Beginner

I have to add myself to this thread. My back up is queued and does not work. It needs to be fixed.

Beginner

I have to add myself to this thread. My back up is queued and does not work. It needs to be fixed.

Beginner
Commenti: 16

I have Acronis running on two computers, mine and my wife's. I do daily backups and mine pretty much complete as scheduled. However, my wife's might run one or two times and then, like others here, get hung up in a Queued state. I have found that if I open Acronis and stop the Queued job, then use task manager to end the Acronis tasks (scheduler, etc.), I can say backup now and it runs. The scheduled job may work another couple of days but then again same thing. This has been going on for several months. Unfortunately it didn't happen in the 30 day window after purchase. I've been an Acronis user for 10 plus years and the software gets buggier each release. I believe I also have a problem with cleanup but I can't get enough daily runs to verify this. I will hit problems and I will delete the backup job and start over. I've been looking at switching to EaseUS and have been doing testing with their free 30 day trial. Unlike Acronis, it appears to just work with the same basic script (daily incremental).

Beginner

Like Paul, I had discovered that stopping the queued jobs and then stopping all the Acronis processes allows me to then do a "backup now". I had tried re-booting before to no avail. I noticed that when I re-booted, I got a message that the computer would shut down when the Acronis jobs were stopped. Re-booting, however, does not fix the problem. The backup jobs still show as queued. Once I get it working, it will work for 3-4 days just fine - then stop. I think, somehow, the scheduler gets confused. It keeps queuing the jobs even when they don't run. When it runs, I really like the ATI2015. I had switched from Norton Ghost which was also unreliable. I sure hope Acronis sees these posts and helps all those who are having this problem!

Beginner

Running TIH 2015 and my backup is stuck in queued. No idea what that means or how to get the backup going

Beginner

In Acronis you can STOP the job. Than using the Task Manager you can find the Acronis scheduler and helper process and use Task Manager to End the Task. Then start the Acronis backup again.

Beginner

As Paul said, you can use alt-ctrl-del to bring up a menu, then select task manager, then click on the processes tab. You can click on a process and select "end process" to stop it. On my machine, I stop 2 processes: schedul2.exe (acronis schedule helper 2) and schedhlp.exe (acronis scheduler helper). I can then open ATI and run the backups. While this works, it is certainly cumbersome and eliminates the automatic back-ups I was hoping for!

Beginner

I've been a long time user of Acronis and it has gotten me out of a jam more than once. But this release is rather buggy. I've had problems with the scheduler like others here as well as Acronis cleaning out old backups. It now has become a daily thing to make sure the backup ran and then clean out old backups. I've been testing EaseUS in parallel with Acronis and I just purchased it so I will now set up a dual backup environment and if Acronis doesn't get this fixed soon, I will drop Acronis. Does anyone from Acronis monitor their Forum?

Beginner

I had this problem   Turned off computer and back on again then I noticed Norton Internet Security wanted to do a fix with something. I doid this and then Acronis worked again. Might be worth trying 

Beginner

Thanks for offering a possible fix.  I don't use Norton so I can't try this.  I have since moved on to EaseUS for my backup.  Unlike Arconis with a scheduler that hangs, EaseUS backs up every night.  Old copies are deleted.  And unlike Acronis, I can talk with EaseUS about problems without being charged.  Acronis support is a joke.  I have to pay to call them with an issue that is in their product.  Most companies use support to strengthen their product's not line their pockets.

Beginner

I have True Image Home 2015.

Working well with Windows 8.1.

I just migrate to Windows 10 and I have the same problem : TIH 2015 get stucked when I try to make a backup.

I'm very surprised not to see Acronis support people giving any recommendation to solve this bug.

Very disapointing !

Beginner
Commenti: 5

I have the same problem. Because I am a long-time ATI user (at least six years) I am hoping for a fix. Ever since upgrading to WIN 10, ATI2015 works for a few days and then hangs on QUEUED. I have to use the Task Manager to kill ATI. Once all ATI processes are killed, I can do a manual backup. If this isn't fixed, I will have to move to another program. I have the three PC version and both PCs have this problem. My ATI 2013 worked great and now I am even considering going back to it. And, 30 days free support is terrible for Acornis' reputation. If this many users are having this problem, IT IS A PROBLEM of ATI2015 and not the user. They just don't seem to care about this problem or our support needs. The message comes up that I can upgrade to 2016. Why would I do that if 2015 doesn't work?

Beginner

I had this probelm on two computers and on one I did a complete uninstall and then re-installed and the problem went away.  Before I got to this point I got so frustrated with Acronis I found another package to use (EASEUS) so I have switched over and now use both.  I don't plan on upgrading Acronis and will ride out my version.  I was a faithful user of Acronis for many years but their support policy (you have to pay them to fix their problems) is flat out ridiculous.  The fact that they don't respond in this forum is another indocator they have checked out.

Forum Moderator
Commenti: 4737

Hello all,

This issue occurs when some other backup job is marked as “running” in Acronis Scheduler, which is able to run only 1 task at time. To solve this issue you will need to re-create the product's database (backup tasks need to be reconfigured after that):

1) delete all tasks using task zap command

2) stop all Acronis services

3) terminate the following processes in task manager: trueimagemonitor.exe, tibmountermonitor.exe, trueimage.exe, trueimagehomeservice.exe

4) rename the folders C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts and C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database (e.g. ScriptsOld and DatabaseOld). Please note that ProgramData folder can be hidden on particular systems. 

5) Start Acronis services anew and check if the application works as expected.

Please understand that Acronis only moderates the forum and does not have a commitment for answering all questions posted on the forum.  If you are looking for certified Acronis Technical Support that you should submit a case by going to http://www.acronis.com/support/ and clicking on Contact Support.  Otherwise use the forum with the understanding that it is a community effort.

Thank you,

Beginner
Commenti: 9

Above post from Acronis is the last straw.  I've been using their software for years and it is no longer reliable.  Support is a joke.  Goodbye!

PS:  It took some effort but I've now got EaseUS set up.  Will report back once I know it works properly.  So far, so good.  The interface is a lot clearer and I had less trouble setting it up than with recent versions of Acronis.

Beginner

I agree.  I actually stopped using ATI2015 because of these problems and lack of support.  WIth my upgrade to win10, my ATI doesn't work anyway (just like before...).  For now, I am using the Win10 image backup.  It's too bad, I had used Norton Ghost for years, with many issues, and really like ATI when I got it.  Unfortunately, they forgot about supporting it.

Beginner

I've been using EaseUS for about 6 months now and it has been working without any problems.  It was fairly easy to set up.  I used EaseUS support (no charge) and they got back within 24 hours.  One thing about backup software, you can't be 100% sure it's working until you have to use it.

Beginner
Commenti: 9

I have now been using EaseUS for several days.  I have sucessfully restored a test file from an incremetal backup.  Short of restoring a full partition, I think that's about it.  It seems to work just fine.

Beginner
Commenti: 13

This is the solution to the problem. Check all of your backup boxes on the left of the screen.  If you see some other backups with a right facing  arrow, then they are attempting to run a backup as well.  right click on any that should not be running now and click on stop.  do this until all arrows except the one that should be running have been stopped.  You will see that your backup will commence running.

Thanks Anna for this solution.  It took a few minutes after seeing your comment to Seymour to ensure that all unwanted backups have been stopped.

Roger

Beginner

Ekaterina Surkova -

I tried the steps you outlined.  Task zap said there was an RPC process running it could not stop.  I stopped all the services and did the rename as outlined.  This did NOT work.  So I uninstalled Acronis and used the clean up tool.  Re-installed and it appears to be working, so far.  A rather cubersome fix for a defect in your product.  As I have stated in other posts, I WAS a long time user and advocate of the product but your support policy (you have to pay to report a defect in your product) is ridiculous.  I'm using a different backup software and it works and their support answers questions and responds to problems for free.  What a concept.

Beginner
Commenti: 3

I had (am having) the same problem with queued stuck. Somewhere in these postings something was mentioned about an advanced setting -- to run when idle. I did not find that checked on any of my list of backups of various partitions, but I found some others which may have been the cause. 

I have now started two backups, the second one is in queue. It remains to be seen if the problem was in this area.

The specific choice which may have been the problem (but there may have been some others) is to begin backup on startup. I don't know how that might be programmed, but I unchecked it for these two batches. I left checked the one that prevents hybernating during backup process.

Hope this help (me and you).

Malcolm

PS - Acornis came recommended to me by two knowledgeable people and I find the interface is not intuitive, such as advanced settings set to something that I would not have chosen and which is not clear what it all means anyway. Before I pay for another update, I will definetely consider other options.

Note: One irritation is that Aconis does not seem to be able to make any prediction of how much space is needed until it just runs out!

Legend
Commenti: 18391

Malcolm, Acronis only allows one backup task to run at any one time - if you start more than one task then those further tasks will show as queued until the first task completes.

Beginner

Thanks but I was just running one task.  On two different computers the same thing happened.  Running a single task to do a full backup and then daily incrementals.  This works for awhile but then the single task hangs.  You can use task manager to delete the hung tasks and backups will resume for a day or two and then the same hang will occur.  There was a reply from Acronis support about cleaning up a corrupt data base.  I tried their steps but that did not work.  I did a total uninstall and then a reinstall and that seems to cure the problem for a couple of months.

I've been a customer of Acronis for a long time and have used their product to get out of a jam on several occasions.  What drives me nuts is a company that requires you to pay for support to have them fix a bug in their product.  I can understand paying for some consulting to set things up but when it's their problem, why should I have to pay?  Instead of paying for their support I used the money to buy another backup package called EaseUS.  What a shock, it just works.  And if I have a question their support will give me an answer, often the next day.

Beginner

When I had my problems (hung tasks) the only fix that worked was a total uninstall and then reinstall.  That fixes things for a couple of months but once the hangs come back you have to do it again.  I wasn't going to pay for support to report a defect in their product so I used the money to buy a copy of EaseUS and it has been working with no problems.

Beginner
Commenti: 5

After several months of continued issues even after repairing or reinstalling, I finally gave up three weeks ago and uninstalled ATM permanently. I tried EasyUS the next day and it has worked flawlessly. BTW - The paid version offers one year free tech support. I wish I would havbe just done this six months ago. 

Legend

Paul, I understand your concerns about paying for support and glad to hear that you have found a backup solution that works for you.  I would encourage you to send Feedback to Acronis about this issue even if you are not intending to use their product again, as they need to hear from real users and understand why they are choosing to use products from other providers such as Easeus.

See webpage: http://www.acronis.com/en-gb/support/feedback.html if you have removed ATIH 2015 to use the Feedback tool in the GUI Help section.

Beginner

Yes, I used the feedback within Acronis but it was like sending a message into a Black Hole.  And, I am not alone.  If you look at Amazon reviews for ATI 2015, a third of the users give it one star.  Not a stellar rating for a backup product.

Legend

Paul, (and Bruce), 

Try sending a Private Message directly to Gaidar, General Manager Acronis True Image with a reference to this and any other posts you may have raised for this issue.  He has been responsive to dealing with these customer satisfaction issues for other users.

Beginner

Thanks for the information.