Salta al contenuto principale

How do I turn off constant "New Version Available" pop-ups? They are driving me nuts!

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Commenti: 3

I've turned off "check for updates" and disabled the pop-ups and icon in the windows tray manager.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Commenti: 27551

Aaron, welcome to these user forums.

Please can you confirm what exact version and build you are using, i.e. ATIH 2016 build 6571 is the latest / last available version that you should have installed - I have not seen any particular pop-ups arising from using this on the systems which have that version installed myself?

Beginner

It says "Build: 6571 Acronis True Image 2016 is up to date."

Thanks!

Legend

Aaron, couple of further questions:

Do you have a subscription license or a perpetual license for ATI 2016?  If you have a subscription license it may be suggesting an upgrade to 2017.

On the pop-up messages, do you see any option to 'Do not show this again' or similar words?

Beginner

Hi Steve,

I have a perpetual license.

The options are something like "tell me more" and "decide later".  Both of which I have clicked trying to stop it.

I'm thinking the solution is to block some of the acronis startup services.  Any idea which ones are safe not to start?

Thanks!

Legend

Aaron, please see KB document: 56697: Acronis True Image 2016: Services and Processes which describes all the ATIH 2016 Services & Processes.

You should be able to disable the Non Stop & Sync Agent services if you don't use these.  The Managed Machine Mini Service for the Dashboard is more difficult as every time that I have tried stopping / disabling that, it has been reset and automatically started again!

Beginner

Thanks, I will try disabling those.

I don't think I'll be buying Acronis products again.

Regular Poster
Commenti: 413

You'll need to create firewall rules to block inbound and outbound access for the following True Image component.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe"

Beginner
Commenti: 2

Please add my to the list of people who paid for the software and no longer need to be harassed by ads. 

Add me to the exclusion list.

Forum Moderator
Commenti: 6844

DARIN DELEGAL wrote:

Please add my to the list of people who paid for the software and no longer need to be harassed by ads. 

Add me to the exclusion list.

Hi! Asked my colleagues to exclude your account from the promo campaigns

Beginner

Please exclude me, these are getting old. The lack of telling customers whether this is a bug or intentional is concerning. Might not have me as a customer in the future.